Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multileader with Block, leader line goes in the middle

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2200 Views, 10 Replies

Multileader with Block, leader line goes in the middle

Hi I have block, circle with attribute and used it with multileader and it looked nice. But after I closed the drawings and reopened them the day after the center of the multileader goes in to the middle of the circle. If I open the mleaderstyle click modify and ok then it's ok except then it jumps a little to the side and my dot disappears of the ones that are to near so I have to go over everything and stretch it back.

Pleas help me I was so happy to have ballon for my items and used it everywhere and now it's a mess.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you forget to eliminate the 'landing' portion of the Mleader for those few items? Or have "extend leader to text" option selected?
It's hard to decipher much from a picture: use WBLOCK to create a new DWG file from that portion of your drawing and post it if the guesses around ehre are not fixes.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The circle is a block with attribute so I think I can't use any landing options except attachments that I use insertion point.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Your sample doesn't contain the 'problem', and I can't force it to replicate.
Can you WBLOCK out a problem mleader?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Sorry I thougt I send that one, lets try again.

Thank you for the help

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Open both of your drawings that you posted here: review the block 'attachment' method. They are different. you want to use the one in the first DWG post. Use PROPERTIES to see the difference. Fix it there.

You can fix your main file in PROPERTIES by selecting them all and doing the same.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks but there lies my problem. In my template I made multileader where the attachment is insertion point then I use them, everything looks great I printed it out, save and close. The day after I open my drawing and want to keep working with it and actually it was 15 drawings they had all changed the block to center extents (and if you do it manually it dosen't go into the center but to the side of the circle).

And here comes the second problem to fix it I just have to open the mleaderstyle and modify and ok without changing anything because it says insertion point like its suppose too and then it pops back but it also jumps a little bit to the side so it's not like I want it to be. So I have too stretch it back.

Any other ideas ?

Message 8 of 11
pendean

Mleader definitions don't change by themselves: perhaps you already have defined, in the file, the incorrect MLEADERSETYLE setting? Or you used MATCHPROP and 'fixed' more than you planned?

Use PROPERTIES command to fix the ones already drawn, then change the MLEADERSTYLE setting for your active mleader object type. Remember to QSAVE after both changes.

BTW, whenever you press OK on a pop-up you are acknowledging and accepting a 'change', whether you think you changed something or not: if you intend to truly make no changes use the CANCEL button instead.

If gremlins persiste please consider sharing the entire file here (delete project titleblock/sensitive details first): we'd like to see this first hand.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I had the same problem and found this tread. I just noticed my UCS was to obj. I changed back to WCS and all works great. Check your UCS and let me know.

Message 10 of 11
MSchille-1994

I am having the same problem.  With a Dview twist set to 90° and then my UCS set to View, when I create an mleader with a bubble block that I created, the leader tail is inside the bubble when it's left justified but the leader tail is outside the bubble like it should be when it's right justified.  However, the default _tagcircle block that comes with cad, it works find both directions.  My custom bubble is the one with the white background in it.

MSchille1994_0-1646697766507.png

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude
Message 11 of 11
C_William_Lee

Following this thread for sure.  This has happened to me in various drawings in civil3D for years.  I'm not sure what causes some drawings to go bad in this way.

There has been times that moving items in the block off the 0-layer has fixed the problem, but not always.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost