Did you mean: 

Multileader text angle "As inserted" "Always right-reading" "Keep horizontal"

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
troma
3736 Views, 9 Replies

Multileader text angle "As inserted" "Always right-reading" "Keep horizontal"

I have searched this board and searched the web.  Questions but no answers, Lists of options but no explanation of what the options mean.  Can anyone elaborate on what these settings do please?  I'm setting up styles and trying to play spot-the-difference; I can't see any difference between these three settings.

Thanks!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: troma

Bump... because I also have no idea what those settings are supposed to control.

Message 3 of 10
troma
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks nestly. I presume then that I posted in the right place? I'm running Civil 3D, but I assume that multileaders are inherited from regular AutoCAD?
I've discovered that you can't use TORIENT or MATCHPROP to set the rotation. What do you do?

Mark Green

Message 4 of 10
nestly2

Yes, MLeaders and those settings are in core AutoCAD.  I've always used "Keep Horizontal" and I just rotate the UCS if I want the text vertical.  Yesterday when you posted, I created 3 MLeader style using each of the 3 options and they all behaved the same regardless of how I rotated the view, rotated the UCS, or rotated the viewport.... so I'm at a loss for how they're different.

Message 5 of 10
troma

Is it perhaps related to being annotative? Maybe they only come into play if the style is annotative.
I just wish there was some documentation on the intent of these settings. At least then we could figure out if they were behaving as designed or not.
I feel like I'm trying to change the colour of a block that has the linework set to a colour within itself by just switching the block colour properties in the drawing—nothing happens! There's got to be some setting that I'm missing!

Mark Green

Message 6 of 10
hmsilva

Troma,

Mleaders have a very strange behavior, if in Mleaderstyle, Leader Structure tab, in Landing settings, the Automatically include landing is checked, I could not find differences, but if not checked, is possible to find the differences between these settings.

See the attached sample dwg, with three different Mleaderstyles.

Henrique

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: hmsilva

I had not thought of the landing, but now that you've pointed it out, I guess it makes sense.

thanks Henrique

Message 8 of 10
hmsilva

You're welcome, nestly

Henrique

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
troma
in reply to: hmsilva

Sorry, I was working on a deadline for a while and couldn't get back to look into this.  Thanks so much for the explanation.  Very strange how the help files are silent on the intention of these settings, besides how to activate them. I would expect at least for the option to be 'greyed-out' so it is not selectable when you have a landing, so you know that it is not doing anything. So it seems they all default to 'keep horizontal' when they have a landing?

Mark Green

Message 10 of 10
hmsilva

@troma wrote:

Sorry, I was working on a deadline for a while and couldn't get back to look into this.  Thanks so much for the explanation.  Very strange how the help files are silent on the intention of these settings, besides how to activate them. I would expect at least for the option to be 'greyed-out' so it is not selectable when you have a landing, so you know that it is not doing anything. So it seems they all default to 'keep horizontal' when they have a landing?

You're welcome, Troma

I fully agree, those options should be 'greyed-out' when we have a landing, because the text behavior is always the 'keep horizontal' option...

Cheers

Henrique

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost