Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multileader style with both text and block

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dtdandy
684 Views, 6 Replies

Multileader style with both text and block

I’m in need of a multileader style that has both text and a block at the end of the tail. Is this possible to set up? It needs to look like the attach JPG. Thanks in advance for help.

Andy W.

Civil 3D 2014 SP2

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: dtdandy

No core command will do that: you will need to customize (or work it as you've shown).
Message 3 of 7
dmfrazier

Have you tried adding an attribute (which could be mult-line) to the block to fill the role of the text portion?

Message 4 of 7
dtdandy
in reply to: dmfrazier

Did not think about that. That just may work. Will let you know if I can figure it out. Thanks.

ANdy

Message 5 of 7
dmfrazier

I was able to fairly well duplicate what you showed in your attached image.  The only "issue" you might have is that the attribute will have to be on one side of the balloon or the other, so you might need to create two different leader styles each with its own custom block for left-hand and right-hand orientation of the text.  I don't think there is a(n easy) way to make the attribute "flip" to the other side automatically when the leader goes the other way.

You can definitely figure it out.

Message 6 of 7
dtdandy
in reply to: dmfrazier

ok, I need help. don't know where to start. Guide me please!

Andy

Message 7 of 7
dmfrazier

Create an MLeader style that gets you as close as you can get to matching your image without the additional text.

Draw an MLeader using that style.

Insert a new copy of the block that is used in the MLeader style.

RefEdit the block; add an attribute definition in the location you want, with the properties you want; save the changes.

Keep playing around with it until it looks the way you want it to look.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost