AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
lougalea
Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)
Accepted Solution

moving rectangle

167 Views, 2 Replies
10-12-2012 03:55 AM

Will be simple question for someone but i have drawn a rectangle in the corner of the sheet....how do i move this rectangle anywhere within the sheet....i tried to movede but it goes out of shape

Lou

Hi,

just a guess: you don't move the object, you take one grip and are in "STRETCH"-mode, so you stretch this one vertex of the rectangle away. Change (with right-mouse-menu or by pressing <SPACE>) to "MOVE"-mode and then move the grip-point to any new position.

If I'm wrong then make a screenshot when you have started the move and the rectangle is currently "going out of shape" so we can see the shape and we can see the command-line to know where you are.

- alfred -

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: moving rectangle

10-12-2012 04:00 AM in reply to: lougalea

Hi,

just a guess: you don't move the object, you take one grip and are in "STRETCH"-mode, so you stretch this one vertex of the rectangle away. Change (with right-mouse-menu or by pressing <SPACE>) to "MOVE"-mode and then move the grip-point to any new position.

If I'm wrong then make a screenshot when you have started the move and the rectangle is currently "going out of shape" so we can see the shape and we can see the command-line to know where you are.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Contributor
lougalea
Message 3 of 3 (159 Views)

Re: moving rectangle

10-12-2012 04:23 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred

Thank you....that solve my question

Lou

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!