Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving images in background in 3d 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
PenAndInk
1555 Views, 7 Replies

moving images in background in 3d 2014

recently upgraded to 2014 civil 3d. i frequently use images in my drawings as background. i typically send the image to back so that the drawing linework is visible. in 2013 i could select the image to adjust its location and it remained "under" the linework. that is i could use the linework to judge where to locate the image. now in 2014, when i select the image to move it, it comes to the front and i can't see the drawing linework. is there a setting that i need to set to keep the image behind the linework while moving it?

David

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jggerth1
in reply to: PenAndInk

DRAWORDER, select the image, send to BACK

Message 3 of 8
PenAndInk
in reply to: jggerth1

did that. but when i select the image to move it, it still comes above the linework.

Message 4 of 8
braudpat

Hello

Just a quick idea :

SORTENTS = 127  (Default value)

WHIPTHREAD = 1  (and not 2 or 3)

REGENALL

We are speaking about Images in 2D ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
PenAndInk
in reply to: braudpat

checked sortents and whipthread, at 127 & 1 respectively.

yes 2d images.

at this poiint i have sent the images to back and sent them under the linewaork but they still come to front on move command.

Message 6 of 8
M_Hensley

Is DRAWORDERCTL set to 3?

Message 7 of 8
PenAndInk
in reply to: M_Hensley

yes DRAWORDERCTL was set at 3. i tries all the other values and got the same result.

Message 8 of 8
PenAndInk

found this is help:

mage selection

You can set an option to draw hatch marks over a selected image. Click Options. Select theDisplay tab. Under Display Performance, set Highlight Raster Image Frame Only to off.

If Highlight Raster Image Frame Only is off, when you select an image, it rises to the top of the display order, obscuring any vectors that cross it. Use the REGEN command to restore the proper display order.

i check the image frame box and now the image stays where it should. just have to remeber to turn the frames off for plots.

thanks for all the responses.

David

th

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost