Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move command

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
k3queens
912 Views, 16 Replies

Move command

When performing the move command in 2015, is there a way to make the starting or original "ghosted" image brighter, like copy command, or a different color? I use a black background. Sometimes it helps to see the original position as a point of reference.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
EmmanuelGarcia
in reply to: k3queens

The HIGHLIGHT system variable set to 1 makes both the MOVE and COPY command highlight the selection. Check to make sure it's on. 

Message 3 of 17
k3queens
in reply to: EmmanuelGarcia

I am referring to the remaining image after the entities have been selected and in the process of being moved.
As I stated before, with the copy command the entities leave a dashed image at their original position until the command is over. Move command is not doing that for me in 2015.
Thanks
Message 4 of 17
pendean

Did you install SP2 for R2015?
Message 5 of 17
k3queens
in reply to: pendean

Yes
Thanks
Message 6 of 17
pendean

I did not, still running SP1, and don't have your issue at all. MOVE behaves like COPY in your example. (with the dashed yellow line as my guide).

Since SP2 seems to be creating some interesting quirks for some users, try uninstalling it and see if that fixes your issue.
Message 7 of 17
nestly2
in reply to: pendean

2015 SP1 doesn't grey out the source object(s) during the MOVE command?

Move fading.gif

Message 8 of 17
k3queens
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you nestly2!

That is exactly the issue I am trying to resolve, if possible. I would like the source objects to be similar to the copy command with dashed lines instead of greyed out in 2015.
When there are multiple entities close together it can be a challenge to see clearly.
I tried with or without the service packs 1 and 2, no difference.

Message 9 of 17
Shawn_Niles

At this time, there is not a way to make the objects at the original location brighter during the MOVE command. If you'd like, this suggestion can be made to our feedback link to see if it can be added to a future release.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Shawn Niles
Message 10 of 17
k3queens
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Thanks 😞
Very frustrating that this long time feature has been changed. Hopefully there are others that express the same frustration.
I am not against change if it is beneficial or operator friendly. For our purposes it has been a detriment.
Message 11 of 17
pendean

It may be that my display setup in WIndows has that color birghter than yours: worth testing if your graphics card offers the ability to change the 'heat' of the white and other colors to see if there is an improvement.
Message 12 of 17
nestly2

You might try making a request in the AutoLisp and Customization forum to see if someone can make you a new MOVE command macro that's based on the COPY command, but automatically deletes the source object(s)

Message 13 of 17
k3queens

Thanks, nestly2.
How did you make your moving examples? Very useful.
Message 14 of 17
nestly2

I used Camtasia Studio... but I think there are other free programs that will capture an area of the screen and convert to animated.gif.

Message 15 of 17
k3queens

Something I noticed is that the source object is dashed not greyed out when the move command is used in the MOVE/COPY/ROTATE command (MOCORO). I considered this as an alternative, extra steps though.

This is going to have to do for the moment (I hope this might help some others):

(defun c:CE (/ ss p1)
(cond
((setq ss (ssget))
(while (null p1)
(setq p1 (getpoint "Base point: ")))
(command "_copy" ss "" "m" p1 (while (> (getvar "cmdactive") 0)
(command pause)))))
(command "erase" ss "")
(princ)
)
Message 16 of 17
nestly2

Well there you go... MOROCO doesn't use the MOVE command at all, rather it uses the COPY command with an option to erase the source object(s)  I'm not a programmer, I have trouble with simple macros, but those guys in the AutoLisp forum eat and breath code and I have no doubt they can write the code to make "MOVE" use the Copy command.

Message 17 of 17
jo-anne
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Whilst it isn't possible to make the greyed image brighter - is there a system variable that TURNS THIS FEATURE OFF?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost