More than one model space tab

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jdb
Enthusiast
3783 Views, 2 Replies

More than one model space tab

Good morning....is it possible to have more than one model space tab?   I think this is what I want.  Please read below for what I am trying to do and any suggestions would be helpful.

I am working with someone who is new to the annotative scale concept and so doesn't switch between the 1/2" and 1/4' annotative scales when he wants to work on the different scale plans.  He doesn't seem to understand how to change text, dimension etc. and so is upset when we plot the two different scale of plans and information doesn't show up.  Can I just set up a second model space tab?  I will label it accordingly and then hopefully he can just switch between those when he wants to work in the different plans.  We are not at the point where we are comfotabel dimensioning and noting in paper space. 

Thank you for any help/advice. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jdb

No: there is only one universe (aka model tab) in each DWG file.

Change the workflow perhaps: work through a viewport (or viewports) in a layout that is already scaled correctly (1/8" vs. 1/4"): double-click to be in it and/or execute VPMAX command to be fully immersed in the viewport (looks like modelspace). Remember to lock your viewports.
Message 3 of 3
jdb
Enthusiast
in reply to: pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost