Did you mean: 

monochrome plotting in color

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ngibbs0006
5496 Views, 6 Replies

monochrome plotting in color

I am a student using AutoCad 2013 and I was wondeirng if someone could help me with my issue. I have 8 sheets I need to publish to one file. I have several layers that have different colors to show different meanings, which is typical. Also I have only used index colors. My problem is when I print preview or plot to PDF or DWF color is still showing even after changing the Plot Style Table to monochrome.stb. I loaded another file to see if there was a differece and it has monochrome.ctb, still previews and plots in color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kasperwuyts
in reply to: ngibbs0006

Can you post an example dwg? Doesn't have to contain all your work, you can just save a greatly reduced file with the same problem and post it here so we can check.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts

There are a couple of things I know of that resist plotting monochrome. All Images plot in color, so you have to edit them with a photo editing software to remove the color. Also any objects that use true color will not plot monochrome. They need to be changed to one of the older color numbers.

Message 4 of 7
ngibbs0006
in reply to: kasperwuyts

This is a file that I'm having the same issue on.

Message 5 of 7
SteveChestnut

Hello,

Change your plotstyle from monochrome.stb to Autodesk-MONO.stb.

This gives you more options for how layers are printed.

Then go to your Layer Properties manager.

Select all layers and change plot style from Normal to Solid.

Try this and let me know your results.

Good luck,

Steve

Message 6 of 7
ngibbs0006
in reply to: SteveChestnut

That worked, thank you much!

Message 7 of 7
altabaie

The plot style extension is *.ctb and not *.stb.   I have both Monochrome and Autodesk-Mono STB files in the same directory, but there is only one plot sytle (monochrome.CTB) file.  How do I create Autodesk_mono.CTB?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost