Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing .shx Files

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jimmy21480
1013 Views, 7 Replies

Missing .shx Files

OK so the genious architect that I'm working for sent his floorplans and titleblock to me and didn't include the stupid .shx files. He used some font that isn't included with AutoCAD......agian, genious. I can't seem to locate any of these fonts on the ole interwebs so I figured I would ask my peers. So, does anyone have, or know where I can download, DC102S3.shx, GAR.shx & HLV-B.shx? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ampster402
in reply to: jimmy21480

common problem.

Your best solution is to simply work with whom ever provided the dwg's to you and ask them for the missing fonts.

If they don't know what to do (doubt it) advise them to use eTransmit to pull together all the required files.

HTH

Message 3 of 8
Patchy

Your best peer would be your Architect, ask to have it Etransmit and setup to include Fonts.

Message 4 of 8
jimmy21480
in reply to: Patchy

Well that's the problem. I'm not working directly fo the architect and he's not playing nice in the sandbox and the owner wants all of the titleblocks to match. I can't match it without the correct fonts.

Message 5 of 8
dgorsman

Check with project management (hopefully, not you...).  There should be a process for filing a "non-conformance report (NCR)" or similar.  This is used to notify those managing the project that somebody isn't meeting their obligations or otherwise causing problems, letting you leverage the influence of The Big Cheese to get what you need.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 8
Kent1Cooper

@jimmy21480 wrote:

Well that's the problem. I'm not working directly fo the architect and he's not playing nice in the sandbox and the owner wants all of the titleblocks to match. I can't match it without the correct fonts.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for you to require of the Owner that if they want them to match, they need to get you the fonts from the Architect, whatever they need to do to accomplish that.  If the genius Architect is not playing nice because [for example] they're not being paid by the Owner, that's not your problem.

For what it's worth, if you can just substitute a .TTF font into the Style definition, I would guess that HLV-B stands for Helvetica Bold, and that the bold or black version of the Swiss font family that does come with AutoCAD would at least be very close to the same.  ["Swiss"is what "Helvetica" means in Latin, which is why the Swiss font is called that.]  Likewise, GAR is probably equivalent to Garamond, which comes in .TTF form on most computers I've ever bought.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 8
jimmy21480
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks for the help guys. I don't have time to file complaints and frankly I don't play like that. I ended substituting with other fonts like this guy ^ suggested. Worked great! Thanks again.  CadChef out!

Message 8 of 8
dgorsman

One point I forgot to mention with the NCR: when the owner/client comes back and complains about something (like they don't have the font you selected to use), there's a record to cover yourself with.  If you try to sneak around the outside and get caught you're flapping in the wind, and that isn't playing around.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost