Did you mean: 

Missing Layer Properties Manager

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
43267 Views, 19 Replies

Missing Layer Properties Manager

I recently upgraded to ACAD 2014, specifically CadWorx 2014. The Layer Properties Manager palette has disappered, and I've tried all I know how to find it, but no luck.

I usually dock it on the right side of my screen. The layer command will toggle on the layer properties manager button in the ribbon, but it won't show up. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, it's an integral part of what I do!

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 20
nestly2

It's probably just off screen... a fairly common problem especially if alternate between single and multiple monitors

To get it back, try method #1 and if that fails, try #2

Method #1

Type LAYER at the command line <enter>

Press Alt+Spacebar

Press M

Press the left or right arrow key

The Layer Manager should now be locked to your mouse and you can move it where every you want.

Method #2

Open the CUI (CUI command)

Select the current workspace in the top left pane

Expand "Palettes" in the top right pane and click "Layer Properties Manager"

Change Orientation to "Left" in the bottom right pane

Apply and Save

The Layer Manager should be back along the left side of your screen

Message 4 of 20
octavio2
in reply to: nestly2

This thing about the layers properties manager getting lost is a new thing that I am continuosly having problems with.  I don't thinkg that I had issues like that until in the recent past.  I lost is again and could not get it back using these instructions.  Can any one help again how to get it back? 

Hope that Autodesk resolve this new continuing issue since, like I say above, it is something new that did not happen in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 20
pendean
in reply to: octavio2

Time for everyone to upgrade that old tired method...

CUI command
Select your active Workspace from the top left side.
Select PALETTES from the top right side.
Select LAYER PROPERTIES MANAGER
under PROPERITIES below, at ORIENTATION, dock it left or right and set SHOW to ON.
Message 6 of 20
octavio2
in reply to: pendean

That did not work.

Is there not any other way to deal with this?

And do you think that it might be an issue caused by the new Windows 10?
Message 7 of 20
octavio2

That did not work.

Do you think it has to do with the new Windows 10?

Message 8 of 20
octavio2

Fixed (i.e., found) the disappearing Layers Properties Manager already.  It was driving me nuts also,  I think it is something new that has begun lately and that AutoCAD needs to resolve.

Message 9 of 20
mkjz

Thanks, I tried your method and it works perfectly. I still do not know why the Layer Properties Manager disappeared from the docking on the left side of the screen. But now I know how to get it back.

Message 10 of 20
octavio2

I lost it again and could not find it using the instructions above, will keep trying.  Autodesk needs to resolve this apparently issue which still is on the air.

Message 11 of 20
Terrain_IaPLS

Simply wanted to follow-up and ask if anyone on Forum / Thread was able to resolve.

On R2016 (Civil3D) with Win.10 O/S.

Very familiar with the CUI steps to take, yet just migrated to a new PC and everything 

was fine till lost the Layer Properties Manager Palett and changing the CUI Palette appearance

is not producing the Layer Palette.  

Have 3 displays, 2 (pair) span ADSK Product and the third is for palettes.... typ. config. for years.

Know in past Dynamic Input had some behavior issues, yet not seeing this to be issue (yet tried

off, and didn't help).  I'm thinking best to just restore my CUI from migration, as know some

experience CUI corruption(s) from OS to OS.

Only behavior on Video end (definitely current, btw) is a Win10 O/S update back ion Feb. 1st 2018

that has display behavior from "moving" palettes:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Toolba...

Appreciate any thoughts.

Geoff T.

Xi Computer CM-MasterCase Pro 5 tower case (Win10 O.S.)
Ten Core i9-7900X @ 3.3/4.5GHz Sealed Water Cooled
w/ Asus PRIME X299-A mobo
32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.
Nvidia Quadro P2000 (span2) + 2000
3 ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED displays

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

Thank you so much I was going crazy this morning with my layer manager disapearing!

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous

This solution didn't work for me, and every time I typed 'layer' into the command prompt, I got an unhelpful list of options.  I eventually had to close it all down and restart Autocad.  My layer properties manager was right where it was supposed to be when I reopened.

Message 14 of 20
BrianJarrett

Worked in AutoCAD 20201

Message 15 of 20
jack_foster1
in reply to: nestly2

I don't know how you came up with the #2 solution but it worked beautifully.  I am DAZZLED!  THANK YOU!

Message 16 of 20
jimC8Y6B

I see whatever you done fixed the problem but I do NOT see what you have done. I am having the same issue with 2007. I click Layer Manager and it must start because I cannot do anything else with it and I do not see the layer pallette to add new layers. I tried the layer prompt on the command line and get the same response. This just started. Also I tried to find 2007 reset and I cannot find where to do that either. Really frustrating

Message 17 of 20
t.genge
in reply to: jimC8Y6B

I lose  Layer manager  in autocad mechanical (ie it possibly pops up off screen but I cant see it or do anything but escape). This happens when I have 2nd screen orientated above main lap top screen (in windows,right click display settings). It however appears when it's called up when the screens are orientated side by side ( in display settings) Going into CUI and attaching layer manager to the right hand side seems to have cured it ( so far). This is clearly a fault that needs fixing....

Message 18 of 20
pendean
in reply to: t.genge

@t.genge you will need to report what you consider faults to Autodesk yourself over at this website https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

HTH
Message 19 of 20
DavidMHughes

Having the same issue, currently working off a Surface laptop on the latest version of autocad lt so thinking it could potentially be some kind of issue with touch screen compatibility throwing menus off-screen. Have tried all the troubleshooting listed but nothing's worked. Don't want to have to reinstall as have slow wi-fi and pressing deadlines. Any other tips?

Message 20 of 20
pendean
in reply to: DavidMHughes

>>>... Surface laptop on the latest version of autocad lt ...<<<
@DavidMHughes Me too, but I am not seeing this problem (or not able to recreate it): elaborate exactly how can I recreate it please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost