Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing content-multiple file copies-dwg size states otherwise

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
FeeopEngr
333 Views, 4 Replies

Missing content-multiple file copies-dwg size states otherwise

I Had saved a file to my desktop as well as my server at work.  I origionally started the file in LT and switched to Architecture2013 and then back to LT for my final saves to both locations while at work. I came home a couple hours later and open the file in LT to discover that none of my work was there only the drawing template... then came to work to open the server file using Architecture2013 this time and the same issue...

I tried regenerating, recovering, bak's, checking to make sure all layers were on. When looking at the properties it says the file is 6.23MB, so I can only assume the information is there just hidden?

Feeop
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: FeeopEngr

Hi,

At first try SELECT command with All option and look at the properties palette. Do you see selected objects properties? If you can see "Multiple ...(XXX)" where XXX number of objects selected, than the data in a file is in place.
From this point you can continue to search lost objects in drawing area.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
Procent
in reply to: FeeopEngr

Hello, We having similar problem. Saving files as usual then when go to open some time later the previous session is not saved. When we look at file thumbnail shows full drawing but when opening file not showing up. Any clues? we running Autocad 2013 on Macpro 8gb ram.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Procent

thumbnails are a static raster image file buried insinde the DWG file: it is not and never has been a real-time view of the contents of the file.

Are you saving to a server or on the actual PC? Worth changing locations for a test to find out.
Message 5 of 5
Procent
in reply to: pendean

Thanks your response.

We saving to dropbox. Which I believe means we save to our computer and then sync?s with dropbox.

Regards

Ross Seddon
[Description: Description: Description: Description: TheProjectCentre1a - AUTOCAD]
Architectural Design & Drafting
Site Address: Factory 1, 28 Abbott Road Hallam
Mail Address: PO Box 1147 MDC Narre Warren Vic 3805
Ph: Work (03) 9796 6899 Mobile 0418 540 211
Fax: (03) 97031123

www.projectcentre.com.au

This e-mail message contains privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not read, disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return mail and then delete the message and any attachments. The Project Centre - Narre Warren will not be held liable for any delay or error in the transmission of this message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost