Did you mean: 

migration toolbars from ACAD 2007 to ACAD 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
albkrebel
754 Views, 6 Replies

migration toolbars from ACAD 2007 to ACAD 2014

Hi,

i'm italiann i'm sorry for my bad english: i'll try to explain my question better i can 🙂

i wish to migrate all default icons of AutoCAD2007 to AutoCAD2014: i' ll wish to overwrrite default icons of 2014 with icons 2007

is it possible?>

i know that i can do this with cui

save every icon in a bmp file
and sustitute every icon of 2014 with bmp file of 2007....

but i think it s so boring and long  to do...

does it exist any faster mode?

thanks in advance for answers 🙂

P.S. i tried to export in a cui file all default toolbar of 2007: ii opened it in 2014... but icons are 2014 default!!!!

same file cui opened in 2007 and 2014 has different icons images!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: albkrebel

Why are you wanting to downgrade your icons 7 years back in time?
Sounds like completely unnecessary work without providing a reason other than the icons are different.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
albkrebel
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for your answer

because 2014 icons are...awful... i`' ve problem to distinguish one to each other... i've any problem view with my eyes
2007 icons are better
Message 4 of 7
nestly2

I still use many icons from AutoCAD2005 because the new style icons lack contrast when compared to the previous icons.

I don't know if the process can be automated, but I would highly suggest using the CUI to copy/transfer the toolbars to a Custom.cuix and make changes to the "custom" toolbars so you can reuse them.  Also, the icon background color is different, so unless you use an image editor to change the old icon background, they still won't look as good as they did on your old toolbars.

You may find better help searching through older topics, as this was not an uncommon request in 2008-2009 when the icons were changed.

Message 5 of 7
albkrebel
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you for your answer!! 🙂

I know the process...

i must save bmp file fopr every 2007 icon and then subistute the original 2014 icon with bmp 2007 files...

i wonder if the process could be faster... 🙂
Message 6 of 7
pendean

FYI, also create your own CUIx file too. Otherwise all of your long and tedious hard work swapping out icons will be undone if and when updates and patches are installed in the future.

Also realize there are many new icons you will not find in 2007: so have a plan for them too.
Message 7 of 7
albkrebel
in reply to: pendean

Thanks... i know...
as far as future updating... i thought that i can save in a cuix file my toolabrs and then i can reloade it after patch or updating apoplication...

so actually i only know if there is a fast proces to export all default 2007 icons in 2014...
i think extra 2014 icons could be remain the same... 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost