Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MERGING 2 different AutoCAD.dwg files into one each having 10 tabs/layouts.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rmbco
38937 Views, 6 Replies

MERGING 2 different AutoCAD.dwg files into one each having 10 tabs/layouts.

Kinda new to merging files.  Another firm did the work, I've been asked to put the 2 files info one .dwg for delivery.  Tried some basic things but doesn't seem to be merging easily, I get info to newly created layout but its then to large and not sure why it appears to be larger then the white space once I've copied over the layout from the other AutoCAD file.  Seems like it should bring during the copying process all necessary info/fit the page as I see it in the other drawing??  Appologize now, traveling and trying to do this on planes is very difficult.   PS, very new to AutoCAD, doing this as a favor cause drafters couldn't appear to make it work at there end.   Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jporter
in reply to: rmbco

I'm assuming their coordinate locations are correct in each drawing. If so, them I'd begin a new drawing and use the UNITS command to set the units to match your other two drawings. Then use the INSERT command and insert one drawing into this new with the location point 0,0,0. Repeat the process and bring in the second drawing. If their x,y, and z coordinates match they should fall right where they need to. If not you'll have to MOVE Ir SCALE as needed.
Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 3 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: jporter

Hello

And eventually (if it's OK) you can Explode the DWG inserted and you can Purge your DWG ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
PeterAAziz
in reply to: braudpat

How about if these two drawings have common lines that we do not want to be copied twice?  We just want to merge what is missing in one drawing from the other one with out having lines to coincide and be drawn twice on each other at the same spot?

Message 5 of 7
steve216586
in reply to: PeterAAziz

The command OVERKILL will clean those overlapping lines up and delete the redundant ones.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 6 of 7

@steve216586 wrote:

The command OVERKILL will clean those overlapping lines up and delete the redundant ones.

You mention that this will work for lines but what about alignments.

Thanks

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: fishautodesk124

Try it as a test and find out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost