Did you mean: 

Measuregeom not working right

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
chesterfieldcs
6875 Views, 8 Replies

Measuregeom not working right

When autocad was first installed on my machine the measuregeom worked as it always had ie you click a point then you can move the cursor around the screen and whereever you point to it tells you the distance to there. You don't have to click a second point to get a distance, the distance follows the cursor round the screen.

The other day autocad crashed and I restarted it and ever since when I type in measuregeom I get a crosshair with a question mark and if I click on my first point the cursor stays the same and I have to click on a second point to get a distance in the command line.So there is not distance following the cursor round.

Is there something in the settings that will make it go back to how it was?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: chesterfieldcs

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Is the DIST command OK ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
chesterfieldcs
in reply to: braudpat

DIST does the same thing with the crosshairs and a question mark next to them. That too gives a measurement in the command line when 2 points are clicked..

Message 4 of 9
braudpat

Hello

Are you speaking about F12 (Dynamic Mode) ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
chesterfieldcs
in reply to: braudpat

Pressing F12 does seem to have fixed it thanks for that.

Message 6 of 9
skicliffs2

I have crosshair and ? mark and F12 is not doing anything. I need help please! It is also working on other saved files just not the one I am working on now. 

Message 7 of 9

Command MEASUREGEOM then [... Mode ...] and select [Yes]. Then it would be always on, so to speak.

Message 8 of 9

hello, im experiencing the same issue, when trying to select MODE i dont have an option to select Yes. please kindly assist on how to resolve 

Message 9 of 9

Hi, @zakai_noa13 

It is weird that you don't see the MODE. In the picture attached you can see the MODE setting after command MEASUREGEOM. But this is for setting the default operation. If that does not work, then try choosing DISTANCE after MEASUREGEOM. I can recall, that two years ago I had the same problem, the MODE setting YES worked for me.

Regards,

Peteris 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost