Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials Editor crashing AutoCAD 2013 (Design Suite version)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
3DSquatch
1157 Views, 2 Replies

Materials Editor crashing AutoCAD 2013 (Design Suite version)

I miss AutoCAD 2010! Seems like 2013 is just one problem after another. I could be wrong, I know it has more features...perhaps more advanced capabilities, but the more I use 2013, the more I wish I still had 2010 on my computer. I've been using it for less than a day now and this is the second major glitch that I have encountered. 

Can anyone help me figure out why Materials Editor crashes the whole program every single time I try opening it? 'MatEdit' was a command that I employed frquently in 2010 without any issues...*EVER*. 'MatLib' still works, but if I right-click on a material, it crashes. Please refer to the attachment below for error message. 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: 3DSquatch

Hi,

try first to run a repair-install of AutoCAD.

Then check the installed servicepack (compare to >>>here<<<)

Next option is to start AutoCAD with a right-click onto the icon ==> start as administrator

And last but not least, login to your Windows with another Windows user account (having admin permissions) and try it there again.

Let's know what happend with these steps!

What might also be a helpful info: was the material editor already running and stopped now, or did it never work?

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
3DSquatch
in reply to: 3DSquatch

Thanks. Already tried the user account approach, with one account having full admin privileges: no luck there. I will try the service pack fix, but as of now, the repair install is a penultimate resort, with a full fresh reinstall being the last, of course.

Will let you know. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost