making a detail view from 2d model

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
carlos1984kid
3337 Views, 4 Replies

making a detail view from 2d model

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a detail view using the VIEWDETAIL command but it ask for a parent view. My problem is that my drawing in model space is a 2D view so when I make a viewport in paperspace it is not not make usign the Base view from model space since my drawing is not 3D. Is there a way to us VIEWDETAIL without having to have the base views, just from a viewport.

I attached a file with the only way I could thaink of doing it which was to draw the detail view in modelspace and make a new viewport overtop of the original.

If anyone can sugest a new way , I would be greatly appricative, Also I have remove a lot of info from the title block.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The Viewbase and related commands are for 3D solids.  The way you did it is the proper way, why did you want to do it any different?

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: carlos1984kid

Which part of your posted file are you trying to create a larger blow-up of?
Your current detail A is not part of the viewport of the other, a requirement of VIEWDETAIL command I believe.
MVIEW comamnd works fine here (in paperspace where viewports are created for your task) and I can create a new viewport, what challenge are you experiencing?
Message 4 of 5

back in to Autocad and I do not remember seeing the new Detail command, so I figured that was an easier way of doing detail vies but I guess it only works with 3D models and then you make your views in paperspace, and select the view to detail.

Thank you ,I will keep doing it this way.

Message 5 of 5
carlos1984kid
in reply to: pendean

in the larger viewport I labeled the bracket to the left as Detail A, and then the smaller viewport is the Detail view. But I have learned that the new detail view is only for 3D models. I was just having a challenge trying to use the viewdetail command where it was not permitted thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost