Did you mean: 

Make a 3D model out of a jpg.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Markus.S_1990
1504 Views, 5 Replies

Make a 3D model out of a jpg.

Hi community!

I'd like to make a 3D-plan and get it printed later on. But first of all I need to model (a lot i think).

I've attached the plan for my project. Hopefully somebody can help me how to model the whole thing & which tools to use.

I've only used Sketchup before. Therefore I'm totally new to AutoCAD.

Thank you very much.

Yours, 

Markus

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Markus.S_1990

Friend, a JPG is a picture. Dig in your Mom's old photo albums, pull out a picture, hold it in your hand: how would you make that 3D?
Exactly, like in Sketchup you have to draw it from scratch and create it.
Can you create your object in Sketchup? There is a free SKP import tool if you are using a current version of AutoCAD available.
Message 3 of 6
Markus.S_1990
in reply to: pendean

I know it is just a picture. But I've seen stuff like that... http://www.img2cad.com 

So I tought there might be a chance 😉

Thanks for your quick response. 

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

@Markus.S_1990 wrote:

.... my project. Hopefully somebody can help me how to model the whole thing & which tools to use.

Markus 

Do you realize this effort (of learning how to model this) will take about 6 months?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
fredrik
in reply to: JDMather

Hi!

To guide you to the program you should choose, you need to describe the purpose of the 3D model.

- Production?

- Visualization?

- Simulation?

If you can use a CAD program, it is not that hard to learn most of the Autodesk products. I'm an autocad user myself so I would start there. Depending on the purpose you should take a look at these:

- AutoCAD

- Inventor

- 3ds Max

- Vehicle Tracking, it is made for the simulations, but you can create vehicles with the help of a couple of views.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Why don't you buy it and use it, let us know how well it works.

There is a reason for a product like that existing: it's not around elsewhere. No one sells products that you can get for 'free' elsewhere 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost