Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major glitches when using with nVidia GPU

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
920 Views, 2 Replies

Major glitches when using with nVidia GPU

I recently installed AutoCAD on my personal laptop after needing to use it at an internship.  I noticed that when I try to run AutoCAD using my laptop's graphics card it has some MAJOR problems - rendering the program useless.  However, when using my integrated intel graphics it runs just fine.  Obviously this doesn't affect me too much because I can just run the software using my Intel graphics, but I would like to know if there is a reason that the nVidia card doesn't agree with AutoCAD and if there is a way to fix it.  Here's a video to show the difference.

My laptop specs are:
i7 running between 1.1GHz and 3.5GHz

32GB ram at 1600MHz (CAS Latency of 9)

nVidia 670M (1.5GB memory) 

(sorry for the mediocre video quality - I figured there was no reason to waste bandwidth with a huge file.)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

On laptops, you have to figure out hos to disable the onboard card for autocad to use the extra card you paid for: can be doen in the BIOS if your laptop manufacturer was kind enough to give you access. Otherwise there is nothing you can do from inside AutoCAD or with the AutoCAD installation to change the system.
Message 3 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

The AutoCAD2015 graphics system does not play well with many video cards/video drivers.  My typical advice is to experiement with different drivers, but unfortunately, many have only found relief by disabling Hardware Acceleration  (GRAPHICSCONFIG)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost