Did you mean: 

macro / bloc dynamique

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Conosalg
456 Views, 9 Replies

macro / bloc dynamique

I’m having a hard time getting control over the array function in a dynamic block.

I’m trying to make a railing.

• Length is on stretch.
  • The post needs to start min. 160mm (to center of post) from the ends (both sides).
  • The posts then needs to have a CC- of max 1500mm
  • Finally I need the CC of the post’s to be equal and centered

Is this possible?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
murray-clack
in reply to: Conosalg

See Attached.. Is this what you wanted?

Message 3 of 10
Conosalg
in reply to: murray-clack

The stretch for the railing needs to be on a non fixed lenght.

The post must have a CC up to 1500mm, and be equal distace.

Message 4 of 10
murray-clack

I can get the railing to stretch "freely" that still has the end post, but when you say the posts must have a CC "UP TO" 1500, do you mean you want the posts to have a non-fixed spacing but maxes out at 1500 CC?

For example, let's say you have a length of railing that is 6.0m long, with the poles spaced at a max. of 1.5m on center, there would be four poles in total.  But, if the railing length was 4.0m, would you expect to see the four poles spaced 1.0m apart?

Message 5 of 10
Conosalg

@murray-clack wrote:

I can get the railing to stretch "freely" that still has the end post, but when you say the posts must have a CC "UP TO" 1500, do you mean you want the posts to have a non-fixed spacing but maxes out at 1500 CC?

Yes

For example, let's say you have a length of railing that is 6.0m long, with the poles spaced at a max. of 1.5m on center, there would be four poles in total.  But, if the railing length was 4.0m, would you expect to see the four poles spaced 1.0m apart?

In this i will use 3 poles (4.0m)

Will it help if the end poles was not fixed in position?

The poles can not support a overhang longer than 750mm.

Message 6 of 10
murray-clack

Hmmm...  This is trickier than I thought.

The only way I can imagine this working is this:

1. Have a separate block containing a set amount of poles (3?) with a linear parameter that stretches the railing freely, and moves the posts equally from a minimum distance and with a maximum distance of 1.50 CC

2. If more sections are required, you will need to copy or array the sections accordingly.

3. Then insert a separate end post block at each end of the over all length.

I am thinking you are better off doing an Associative Array instead.  With an associative array, you can keep dragging the length of the railing forever, and if you decide to adjust the spacing between the posts, you can.

Message 7 of 10
murray-clack

Me again...

Open the attached drawing file, and you will see your handrail - here's how it works:

1. The hand rail is a separate block with a stretch parameter that can stretch to infinity.

2. The post is a single block that had an associative array assigned to it.  When you click on the post, you will see two triangle grips:  The on on the far right is the array function that let's you continue to add posts freely.  The left triangle grip allows you to change the spacing - simply click on the grip, and change the value.

It may be a pain to have two seprate blocks, but, it is getting the job done.  I hope this helps, if not, no worries.

Message 8 of 10
Conosalg

Thx 🙂

Gr8 help 🙂

Message 9 of 10
murray-clack

No problem!  Glad to be of help.

If you want to take it one step further, you can put a vertical stretch parameter on the handrail block in case you need to change the vertical separation between the two horizontal bars

(just a thought)

Message 10 of 10
Conosalg

Im working on future improvments.

So for now, this is the solution.

(i will add top view to this too later on, and i will have 2 diferent post types too.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost