Did you mean: 

.lsp loading issue

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
designsolutionsunl
3372 Views, 12 Replies

.lsp loading issue

recently upgrade my machine to 64 bit and had to reload my programs including a new app for steel shapes. (stl.lsp Al's steel mill). On initial load it worked fine but after a reboot several days later it will not load. On keying in STL the machine automatically defaults to STLOUT instead. I have no need for that LSP but don't know how to disable it. Need suggestions.

Also with the new set-up AutoCAD will freeze or stick momentarily between or during commands. It appears to be random. This is the only program that has issues.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi,

>> had to reload my programs including a new app for steel shapes. (stl.lsp Al's steel mill).

>> [...] I have no need for that LSP but don't know how to disable it

How did you install it, then we can give suggestions how to remove it.

At least the best would be to ask the vendor of the plugin/app.

>> Also with the new set-up AutoCAD will freeze or stick momentarily between or during commands

Within the Windows startmenu you find an option to reset the profile to default (>>>details<<<), try it.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 13

I have and use Al's Steel Mill.  If "stl" does not start it, then it's not loaded.  It sounds like you manually/temporarily loaded it so when the current session of AutoCAD ended, so did stl.  If in doubt, you can double check that it's not loaded using APPLOAD command and scrolling down through the list of "Loaded Applications" but otherwise there's nothing you need to do to "disable" it.  If you definitely don't need it any longer, just delete the folder that contains stl.lsp, stl.dcl, and a bunch of stl xxxx.dim files that contain the shape sizes.

Message 4 of 13
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: nestly2

@nestly2 wrote:

....  If "stl" does not start it, then it's not loaded.  It sounds like you manually/temporarily loaded it so when the current session of AutoCAD ended, so did stl.  If in doubt, you can double check that it's not loaded using APPLOAD command and scrolling down through the list of "Loaded Applications" but otherwise there's nothing you need to do to "disable" it.  If you definitely don't need it any longer, just delete the folder that contains stl.lsp, stl.dcl, and a bunch of stl xxxx.dim files that contain the shape sizes.

I think it's not STL that they want to disable, but STLOUT, so that it doesn't get invoked when they type only STL.

If STL is not loaded, the Command: line is automatically filling in STLOUT when only STL has been typed.  I think you can disable auto-fill-in, but I wouldn't want to do that and lose all its filling-in that I do use.  But if STL is loaded, you should not be gettng STLOUT without choosing it from a list of auto-fill-in options, which should be defaulting to STL if that's all you've typed and the command is defined.  So I agree you should make sure it's being loaded in every drawing, which I would recommend doing via an acaddoc.lsp file.

But STLOUT can instead be "disabled" by an UNDEFINE command, which should also go into acaddoc.lsp, so it will be undefined in every drawing.  If that's what you do, it's not enough by itself, though -- you would still need to ensure that STL is being loaded in every drawing.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 13

Correct that I want to keep STL and disable STLOUT. The STL is loaded and if I manually pick it in the APPLOAD box it works. It is the auto fill of STLOUT that is causing the issue. Is it possible to edit the code line in Notepad for STL to trigger using STEEL? I am not sure which line would do it or would all the STL's in the program need to be changed?

Message 6 of 13

After you load STL with APPLOAD, do you still have the trouble with Autocomplete picking STLOUT ahead of STL?

Message 7 of 13

No it is fine. If I open another instance of AutoCAD though it will not work in that one. I generally have three running at the same time on different screens.

Message 8 of 13

I have a fix. I added it to the startup suit thru APPLOAD and it runs in all instances I open. Thanks for the input. Now I just have to fix the pausing issue.

Message 9 of 13

Reloaded and restored AutoCAD but still have the same problem. Freezes mid command for a fraction of a second to more than a second like it is processing something then continues. It is annoying because I have to keep stopping to wait for it to catch up. Sometimes it won't take the next command or pick point if I was to quick. The machine won't crash, just hiccup.

Message 10 of 13

You didn't specify which version of AutoCAD, but have you checked for updates and SP's

Here's a few suggestions that may help isolate the problem:

Dock the Command line if it's undocked

Disable AUTOCOMPLETE and/or increase AUTOCOMPLETEDELAY (INPUTSEARCHDELAY)

Close the Properties Palette if it's open

Turn off SELECTIONPREVIEW if it's enabled

Turn off QSELECT if it's enabled

Toggle Hardware Acceleration (3DCONFIG)

Message 11 of 13

Sorry 2013

Command is docked. Will try the others. Thanks

Do you have a weld symbol app suggestion? Need a new one also. My old steel program from 1997 had everything in it including welds but had to give it up with the 64bit.

Message 12 of 13

Tried your suggestions. Turning off graphics accelerator did it....but realized there were other issues. Swapped in a new graphics card and solved everything. Thanks for the help.

Message 13 of 13
bluefrg
in reply to: nestly2

I also haveing the same issue,  I'm running acad2015 win8.1. I also did a acad15 reset like that was mentioned in the blog. Then I load the stl in the APPLOAD. Then when I type in the lisp comand "stl" nothing happens,

no ddl box, this what I coppied for the comand line in acad

STL.LSP successfully loaded.
Command:
Al's STEEL MILL Loaded. Type STL to use.
Command:
Command: STL
Command:

not ddl box.

Wos what am I missing to get this to work?

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost