AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

drod900
Message 1 of 5 (587 Views)

Losing wall blocks when opening 2010 Arch Desktop DWG files with 2013 ACAD

587 Views, 4 Replies
07-14-2012 04:51 PM

We recently updated all of our software at my company from 2010 architectural desktop to 2013 autocad.  We do a lot of architectural work where we use the "wall" functions to draw our floorplans.  I have noticed that the walls are disappearing on some files and not on others. Or we will only be able to see the outside line of the wall, but not the interior, which results in an undesirable appearance to the floorplans.  Any ideas how to fix this issue?  

I have also run across these error messages when opening the files, I dont know if they are related or not:

"Unhandled exception C0000005 (access violation reading 0xffffffff) at address E43AA180h"

and

"Unhandled exception C0000005 (access violation reading 0xffffffff) at address D41218AEh"

Thanks

-D

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (581 Views)

Re: Losing wall blocks when opening 2010 Arch Desktop DWG files with 2013 ACAD

07-15-2012 01:25 AM in reply to: drod900

Hi,

go back to your ACA-workstation, open one of these files and run command _AUDIT. Are these DWG's free of errors?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
drod900
Message 3 of 5 (580 Views)

07-15-2012 06:41 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for your reply.  There shouldnt be any errors in the files, I ran the _AUDIT command and it didnt fix the problem.  

A couple other things to note:

1) When I use the OFFSET command on one of the walls (the "wall" is actually showing up as a line on the exterior side of the wall) the offset wall shows up with both wall lines visible!  I've tried regenerating the drawing but that didnt fix the problem

2) When I open the file in ACAD2013 I get a "Proxy Information" message box.  Its a large block of text but begins with "The drawing you have opened or referenced contains custom objects created by an unavailable ObjectARX application.  You do not need the original application to display proxy representations of objects that were saved in the drawing.  However, many manufacturers, including Autodesk, provide object enablers that also allow you to edit these custom objects....".  Then I am given the option to show proxy graphics, do not show proxy graphics or show proxy bounding box.

I dont know if the proxy message applies to the wall or not, it was my understanding that the "wall" function in architectural desktop 2010 was built-in to the software and isnt a custom object.  But I could be wrong.

Thanks again for your response and time

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5 (578 Views)

07-15-2012 08:42 AM in reply to: drod900

Hi,

>> I dont know if the proxy message applies to the wall

Yes, because plane AutoCAD does not know any object called "wall", it's specific to AEC (or MEP). You have no chance to do anything with this object in AutoCAD.

>> When I use the OFFSET command on one of the walls

And if you did that in AutoCAD (and not in ACA) I'm wondering that you get anything done as AutoCAD itself can't offset an AEC-wall.

>> When I open the file in ACAD2013 I get a "Proxy Information" message box

that dialog can be disabled within the _OPTIONS-command/-dialog. But you should notice that you have proxies in your drawing (objects that can't be modified as you don't have the application to modify them), you just can show and plot it, in some cases you can _EXPLODE it, but that's it.

As long as you want to make changes to rooms, walls, doors, windows, .... you have to take ACA to work on your project/DWF-file.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Art4009
Message 5 of 5 (528 Views)

08-28-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: drod900

I'm having the same issue, did you find a fix for this?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.