Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lockfile.lck Where did this come from? (2013)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DaveFuller
7508 Views, 5 Replies

lockfile.lck Where did this come from? (2013)

I've not seen this before. There are (2) "new" files appear when I open a dwg file. One is the lockfile.lck, the other is a .dwg.~tmp. I understand that the lockfile is an Inventor file.... Where is the ~tmp coming from.

After deleting them, they return upon opening a drawing file. I'm using 2013...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: DaveFuller

hi, try to read this maybe could help you. thanks.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2010-2011-2012/autocad-saves-drawing-to-tmp-instead-dwg/td-p/2...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6
Pothman

Are these files showing up when opening an Inventor file or AutoCAD file? If this is from an Inventor file, then this post is in the wrong location.

Dave Pothier

Message 4 of 6
Pothman
in reply to: Pothman

Are you still having an issue with these files and can you confirm which product you are using?

Dave Pothier

Message 5 of 6
DaveFuller
in reply to: Pothman

Strangely, this morning I see no lockfile.lck. All of the files I'm working with are in-house created .dwg files. No one in the office has Inventor installed.... Guess it's another Autodesk mystery....

Message 6 of 6
nestly2

I have also seen lockfile.lck and .dwg.~tmp files in additon to the expected .dwl and .dwl2 files when opening a drawing that is on the Windows desktop.  They're not always created, however.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost