Did you mean: 

Lisps Not Automatically Loading

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
cdavis7254
608 Views, 16 Replies

Lisps Not Automatically Loading

My boss has the full version of Autocad 2014 (the rest of us are on LT 2014, I haven't regullarly used the full version since the 2006 release.)  My boss uses a lsp routine.  I went to "appload" and loaded the lsp, then I put it in the start-up suite, as I've done to his Autocad every time he has upgraded his version.  Every time he opens Autocad, it gives him a dialog box that asks if he wants to load the lsp.  Why isn't it just automatically loading?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Patchy
in reply to: cdavis7254

SECURELOAD

new feature for autocad

Message 3 of 17
Patchy

Type in SECURELOAD and change its variable.

Message 4 of 17
cdavis7254
in reply to: Patchy

OK, the "help" on LT doesn't have that command. I googled it & found a document from Autodesk that explained it. When he gets back to the office, I'll see if that works. I don't have access to his passwords to get on his computer. Thanks.
Message 5 of 17
David.Pullin

Sounds like the wrong user has the full version!

Message 6 of 17
cdavis7254
in reply to: David.Pullin

LOL, I agree, but he owns the company and gets what he wants.
Message 7 of 17
steve216586

"LOL, I agree, but he owns the company and gets what he wants."

Too stupid or ego driven to know the difference between "what he wants" and "what he needs." He needs to be told to stop looking at the pennies, because the dollars are falling out of his wallet. Then, recommended to get all the "users" the full version also.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 8 of 17
cdavis7254
in reply to: steve216586

Then we would all have LT. We really don't need the full version. It's very rare that I run into something that we can't do in LT. He did just upgrade us to 2014 LT Suite with Revit LT.
Message 9 of 17
David.Pullin

My boss gets what he wants too... even if it means doing something different than what's always been done before. 

A good boss recognizes talent/ability and rewards it with respect for opinions and thoughts on decisions that affect day to day operations.  Push for change, just make sure you do it the right way.

Message 10 of 17
steve216586

Ha, Ha, Ha. And I've been to third world countries where the citizens swear they don't need computers, in-house plumbing, cars or A/C. Those things certainly aren't essential but "nice" when you have them. And after you get them, you usually sit on your big fat couch and think, "Best money I ever spent."

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 11 of 17
braudpat

Hello from France

<Humour ON>

The rules are the same everywhere !  ... Especially the Boss rules !!

<Humour OFF>

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
Patchy
in reply to: braudpat

Y'all should look behind you before posting.

Message 13 of 17
FSJ_Mo

As far as I know, ACAD lt does not support lisp without a 3rd party add-on.

Message 14 of 17
braudpat
in reply to: FSJ_Mo

Hello

YES , LT-Extender (an Australian product if I remember well)

but it has been retired a few years ago ... because it was a violation of the AutoCAD LT license usage !!

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 15 of 17
cdavis7254
in reply to: Patchy

SECURELOAD and TRUSTEDPATHS got it taken care of, thanks.
Message 16 of 17
dmfrazier

Let's be fair, now.  We don't know what that LISP routine does.  It may be that the LISP routine is actually running the company.Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 17
scot-65

My $0.02:
Restore SECURELOAD,
set TRUSTEDPATHS only.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost