Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lisp routines not loading

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
troye
2956 Views, 9 Replies

lisp routines not loading

I have loaded a routine onto my ACAD workstation and it works without a hitch. When I load the routine onto my other users CAD stations it will not run or load. I have added the locations to the trusted locations in options, added the routine to the Acad2015doc.lsp, and to the startup suite with no luck. All the routines are on a network drive along with all the other resources. Any ideas would be appreciated.

we are all running AutoCAD 2015.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: troye

How do you know t did not load? How are you loading it?
Can you share the lisp here? It may be looking for support files or be very location-specific and doesn't work when those items are not found.

Also, is everyone on AutoCAD 2015?
Message 3 of 10
troye
in reply to: pendean

i loaded them thru APPLOAD and in the startup suite. The routine will prompt the user to edit when a file is opened. It wantes to edit a block called REV. It works fine on my CAD Station. Could this be workspace related? Below is the routine.

(if (setq ss (ssget "_X" (list '(0 . "INSERT") '(2 . "REV") '(66 . 1)) ) ) (repeat (setq i (sslength ss)) (setvar 'CTAB (cdr (assoc 410 (entget (ssname ss (setq i (1- i))))))) (command "_.eattedit" ss) ) )

Message 4 of 10
BeKirra

"Routines are not loaded" could be directed to different answers, even everyone has same version of AutoCAD.

For example,

1) Was there any "error" message poping up when you were trying to load the routine? If yes, what is the message?

2) Does any of your colleagues use their own routines?

3) If this is the case, check custom defined variables in your routine if they are localised. If not, localise them to avoid any conflict.

4) Did you drop your routine to the support file search path on each pc?

5) Have your colleagues setup the system variable "trustedpaths" properly?

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 10
scot-65

Does FINDFILE find the file in question?

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 6 of 10
pendean

back to my questions then: how does it fail on the other user's PC? How do you know it did not load? Where does it fail on the other user's PC?
Is the block REV readily available to the other user?

You're not diagnozing the problem at the other PC very well: ignore what this routine does on your PC, that's no longer relevant since it works well.
Message 7 of 10
troye
in reply to: pendean

The "REV" block is on all our titleblocks. We do not use xrefs. The titleblock is live on every file. Our projects consist of one model per file. When the a file opens the lisp routine engages and the attedit dialog pops up as soon as the file open and wants to edit the REV block. 

I do not know WTF you are trying to ask, Pendean? You have the routine. make a block called REV, load the routine and you can see for yourself.

Message 8 of 10
pendean

You ask for remote help, but provide no way for us to understand what is going on at the PC that does not work. And now you ask that we test your lisp on a block you did not provide in a dwg file you did not provide so we can trouble-shoot this issue. Ha!

Your lisp routine works absolutely fine here with my REV block with a single attribute in it. All I did was copy/paste your code into the command line after I inserted a REV block of my own.

So... how exactly does it fail on the other user's PC at your end? We can't see what you see, or are you not even at the other user's PC to test and diagnose?

Message 9 of 10
nestly2

troye wrote:

added the routine to the Acad2015doc.lsp, and to the startup suite with no luck.

Acad2015doc.lsp, or acaddoc.lsp ?

Maybe double check paths and review the purposes of the different acad lisps and the general load order during startup. acaddoc.lsp - JTBWorld

Message 10 of 10
HullDrafter

When I added my LISP routines to my AutoCAD, which is also 2015. I had to get the routines away from the network and load them onto my Hard-Drive. My AutoCAD couldn't see them. It is a pain to load new ones, but, I don't any problems with them.

HD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost