Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking CAD table to Excel spreadsheet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
661 Views, 3 Replies

Linking CAD table to Excel spreadsheet

Hi I'm trying to link an existing table I've created in CAD to an existing excel spreadsheet. I do not want to create a table using existing data from excel. I do not want to export to a new excel sheet. I want to link my existing CAD table to an existing excel file where the CAD table will populate a specific empty section in my excel sheet without disturbing any of the other data in the sheet. Could someone walk me through the process of doing something like this? Thank you. Please let me know if you need any clarification on my question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AFAIK What you don't want to do are theonly ways to do what you want: you need to merge the two apps and table contents before linking.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Could you explain? I've tried creating a data link to my excel sheet linking a table that holds nothing in the excel sheet to my CAD file then creating a table in CAD from the data link but it will only create a table that is 1x1. Alternatively if I fill in the excel sheet first then repeat the process the table will be linked to the right size. But the problem is I would like the to keep the excel table blank until it needs to be populated. Is there a way to link, lets say, a 3x12 blank table? If this could be accomplished in any way I would like to learn. 

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

No blank excel tables can be used.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost