Lineweight AutoCAD 2015

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
firealarmdesigner
2055 Views, 2 Replies

Lineweight AutoCAD 2015

Hi Everyone,

I didn't bother to post in MEP2015 being that I want to think the procedure is the same. I am having a rough time with line weights.

What I am trying to do is keep my title block and floor plan in a light weight and keep my Smoke Detectors/device and wiring at a thicker weight so they pop on the drawing. I have layered everything meaning the title block is on it's layer, the floor is and of course the smoke detectors.

I tried line weight by layer, block and everything I could try. I tried scaling the line weight to no avail and finally when I hit the LWDISPLAY button to show the line weight everything appears thick no matter that my setting are set to 0.00 etc. I really need some help or a step by step. Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

if you want to have different lineweights you have to assign different lineweights.
All your layers have "Default" ... so you won't see differences. To make the "Default" Lineweight thick on display is imho not the option to use. Set it back to 0.25 and then, in the layer manager, assign lineweights to the layers that you like to use when you plot your drawing.

If we should look into your block-structure (because you mentioned you have tried with values byBlock and so on) then please upload the drawing and not just screenshots (in the screenshots we don't see what objects in the blockdefinition are on which layers and have which lineweights assigned).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

Thank you Alfred. I was able to set everything to "by layer" and that did it. It the layer properties I have defined and tested some sample plots that I will make a standard for all my drawings. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost