Did you mean: 

linetype with a large dot

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MKH-VB
4748 Views, 7 Replies

linetype with a large dot

anyone have a linetype definition for a line with a large dot? I am needing one to print about 1/10 of an inch for the dia of the dot. I can seem to get one to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a capture that might help understanding.

mkh
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: MKH-VB

5 min. effort, feel free to tweak as needed. Requires a textstyle named "wingdings", whose font is "wingdings.ttf". (Yes, you could use a shape file instead, but I didn't take the time to make one for this...)

*BIGDOT,----O-----O-----O-----O-----O-----O
A,0.000001,["l",WINGDINGS,S=1.2,R=0.0,X=0.0,Y=-0.55],-1.0

BIGDOT.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
MKH-VB
in reply to: rkmcswain

thaks for the reply. Here's what mine looks like after pasting your definition to my acad.lin file. This is in model space with a ltscale of 1.

MKH

mkh
Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain

Make sure the fixed text height on the style WINGINDGS = 0.0, and that the width = 1.0

Message 5 of 8
Kent1Cooper

I was going to suggest using the DOT or DOT2 linetype with an appropriately heavy lineweight, but while it "works,' it turns out to make dots that aren't quite circular and are not quite regularly spaced or aligned:

FatDots.png

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Interesting Kent.
Does the screen and the printed output look the same?
Message 7 of 8
MKH-VB

thanks to rkmcswain....that was the fix. I appreciate it very much
mkh
Message 8 of 8
Kent1Cooper

@rkmcswain wrote:
Interesting Kent.
Does the screen and the printed output look the same?

No, because [as I did it, using color-based lineweight in Plotting] on-screen it's only the zero-dimensional dots [really zero-length line segments, which may be why they come out stretched a little, though not in the direction the line segment is heading, so I don't know...].  It's only in applying lineweight in Plotting that the size of the dots came through.  I didn't try assigning a lineweight to the elements in the drawing, though -- give that a try and see whether it does better.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost