Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line entity is associated with other entities, how do i turn them off?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andrew.nao
273 Views, 4 Replies

line entity is associated with other entities, how do i turn them off?

in image b1 if i draw a line from the center of the green circle perpendicular to the center line and then i move that line or manipulate it in anyway after i draw a line. the red circles (image b2) moves with the line. can anyone tell me why this is doing it and what setting turns this off? this is only happening on 1 workstation out of many workstations thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: andrew.nao

Sounds like your parametrics is turned on and when you draw the line to the circle, AutoCAD associates the end of the line with the center of that circle.

If you turn on your parameters (Parametric ribbon tab) do little parametric glyphs show up at the center of the circle?

Message 3 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: LyleHardin

Check the CONSTRAINTINFER variable. It should usually be 0. Maybe yours is set to 1.

Sounds like a pretty good trick to play on people... 😉

Message 4 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: andrew.nao

As already suggested, it sounds like there is a parametric constraint between the line and the circle.  This can happen if CONSTRAINTINFER is accidentally turned on in the Status Bar.  To remove constraints, use the Delete Constraint button on the Ribbon or Toolbar, or type DELCONSTRAINT at the Command line, and select the objects, or use DELCONSTRAINT > All to remove all constraints from the drawing

Message 5 of 5
andrew.nao
in reply to: LyleHardin

thanks this was the trick.
i dunno how this is getting turned on but ive taken steps to make sure its always off

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost