Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights visible in render

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bart.k
461 Views, 4 Replies

Lights visible in render

I take the "32W 4ft lamp" from the tool palettes and choose "visibile in render": yes

1. I don't see the light visible in render when i choose rectangular, but i do see the light when i choose cylinder.

2. the orientation of the light changes with 90 degrees when i choose rectangular / cylinder form.

Is there an explanation for this two items?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: bart.k

Hi,

To 1:

Do you see the rectangle from the light source? Are the dimensions (length/width) <> 0?

The rectangular light is only visible in one direction, so (without rotation) your camera should look from bottom up to the light, then you'll see it, otherwise you have to rotate the light "upwards".

To 2:

I don't understand where a rotation changes?

At least I don't see a rotation in the properties window when the light is selected.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
bart.k
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred

Thanks for the awnsers.

1. Yes, i do see the rectangular form in the render picture, not the linear form.

2. Indeed, there are no changes in the properties of the light but with the option 'light glyph display' ON
     i see a vertical blue line when i choose linear, and i see a horizontal blue cylinder when i choose cylinder.

+ the render results are different (linear vs. cylinder form) and seem to match with the blue light glyph forms.

Bart K.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: bart.k

Hi,

>> Yes, i do see the rectangular form in the render picture, not the linear form.

And do you look to the light from a point above the light or below the light?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
kiwiface
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi

1. OK, I see the rectangular and disk form from 1 side (above or below), but i never see the linear form.

2. linear and cilinder glyph still result in another orientation of the light

Bart K

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost