Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Error: Unable to Initialize Adlm

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jacque300
8410 Views, 2 Replies

Licensing Error: Unable to Initialize Adlm

After installation, I opened AutoCAD 2014 64bit for Windows 7 (Standalone, student license). The error was:

Licensing Error

"Unable to initialize adlm

Internal Error Message: <Unable to find security runtime.>

Error Code: <1>"

After clicking Close, the program loads, but then I'm prompted with another error message:

"The security system (softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed"

After clicking OK, the system closes.

I chatted with tech support last night, and followed their directions for a file uninstall related to a Microsoft update. But the problem persists. Prior to this final (seemingly successful) install, I did encounter several failed installs and had to re-try a few times. On the 4th try, the download and install appeared to be complete, error free. When I clicked on the AutoCAD icon to load, the above error messages popped up.

Not sure if this is relevant for licensing history or to the above problem, but I did originally download/install on another Windows 8.1 PC approx. 10-weeks ago, but I had to return that PC yesterday due to chronic malfunctions/crashes related to nearly everything on that machine. However, my install was free of challenges on that former Windows 8.1 PC. I didn't anticipate any challenges installing/loading on this new Windows 7 PC.

I'm hoping to resolve this so I can move forward with my student projects. AutoCAD was working smoothly before. I'm not sure how to resolve this problem related to this new install on my new Windows 7 PC. Thank you in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Jacque300

Hi,

not sure if that helps, but worth to try: according to >>>this article<<< (and some other threads with licensing issues) try to rename the file

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\CascadeInfo.cas

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
pinaki.rajak
in reply to: Jacque300

Close the AutoCAD if it is opened and go to " C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet "

and delete the files within this folder.

Now start AutoCAD again.

Hope, problem will be resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost