Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LevelSet-plugin (ACAD 2010-2013) for Level marker (aka spot height)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RichardCammeray
2215 Views, 7 Replies

LevelSet-plugin (ACAD 2010-2013) for Level marker (aka spot height)

Hi All,

I would like to share plugin LevelSet v2.0 which measures the perpendicular distance from a base point to features, for example slab.  LevelSet resembles the AutoCAD Ordinate dimension but the main differences are:

• LevelSet is the object that can contain one and more individual levels and controls their properties and measurement value. This eliminates error of incorrect level value if they are accidently moved.

• LevelSet base point can be defined as any positive or negative value. (Ordinate dimension origin is always 0.00)

• Individual Level can be shown with user-defined symbol.

LevelSet properties window has similar entries as AutoCAD dimension style manager:

RL_window.png

Example of possible LevelSet settings:

RL-sample.png

For users using older LevelSet version 1.7

Firstly thank you all who sent me ideas for improvement or reported bugs. Without your input I wouldn’t do any further changes (I created v1.4 for my needs and it worked well, but I would like to create the versatile tool for as many users as possible).

What is new in version 2.0

• I had to create system specific versions for the best performance for AutoCAD 2010 through 2013. I did not test it with 2014 but it should work (next year I will have chance to test it on 2014). Read PDF Help provided for more details.

• Imperial units added

• One line text was replaced with MText. Because of this change, already existed LevelSet v1.7 and older must be converted to newer version.

• Possibility to override some properties of individual level (e.g. override text)

• Leader option added

• Text enhancement (Background mask, correction of True Type Font display – shown as bold/thick problem)

• Symbol orientation enhancement (symbol orientation can follow text position or the leader geometry)

Thanks,

Richard

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
agulsuyu
in reply to: RichardCammeray

it doesn't work in autocad 2014. 

thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 8
RichardCammeray
in reply to: agulsuyu

Is app not loaded or you have some problem with crashing?

It should work with AutoCAD 2014 as we run this version. Make sure you netload dll file in 2013 folder.

Message 4 of 8
agulsuyu

The app is working correctly. 

first time it can not be loaded but I don't know the reason. 

now I am working with this app and it makes me my job easier.

Thanks for your sharing this great app with us.

Message 5 of 8
RichardCammeray
in reply to: agulsuyu

Any problem or question please feel free to contact me on email provided within the app help

Thanks,

Richard

Message 6 of 8
ninog

This is EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this!!! I can confirm that it works on AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.

Cheers!!!

Nino

Message 7 of 8
RichardCammeray
in reply to: ninog

When you upgrade to ACAD 2015 or newer in the future, download app version from autodesk app store. I don't submit any update here any more only on app store.

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/HelpDoc?appId=8340451895184896684&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

Cheers,

Richard

Message 8 of 8

Hi everyone this is my first time posting, I developed this block some time ago and i hope that some of you may find it useful. the block is in mm but the readout is in m. As it utilises a visibility state for each scale, do not make the block or its dimensions annotative.

I hope this is of use to you.

Best regards Finn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost