Did you mean: 

LAYOUT SPACE VIEWPORT AUTOMATICALLY ZOOM EXTENTS

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
NateWa
32046 Views, 9 Replies

LAYOUT SPACE VIEWPORT AUTOMATICALLY ZOOM EXTENTS

Can I have my viewport in Layout space, automatically Zoom extents the things that I draw into Model space? This is on AutoCAD Electrical 2013

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: NateWa

Lock the viewport(s).
Enter the viewport(s), turn off UCSFOLLOW variable.

Get in the habit of turning that varaible off in modelspace and every file you are in from now on (I'll assume you never need it): or create a startup Lisp to do it for you.
Message 3 of 10
NateWa
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply, after switching the "UCSFOLLOW" variale to 1. I find that i still have to enter the viewport for it to automatically zoom extents. Im curious if im missing something?

Message 4 of 10
pendean

0 (that's a zero) is off, 1 is on. Works fine in plain AutoCAD 2013.
Message 5 of 10
AllenJessup

It doesn't do a Zoom Extents but does VPMAX help?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
NateWa
in reply to: AllenJessup

"VPMAX" dose not help, all I use the layout tab for is ploting, and automatic title block updates. I was just wondering if there was a way that I could have the viewport automatically show everything that I draw in my model space. As of rite now, I have to go to layout tab activate the viewport and zoom extents in every drawing in my project, befor I can plot the project.

Message 7 of 10
pendean

Someone move your MODEL content (or even XREFs) and now all your drawings are messed up most likely. Nothing in AutoCAD fixes that sadly except as you are doing.

Drawing a new viewport does what you want by default if you want another option: MVIEW command.

Message 8 of 10
NateWa
in reply to: pendean

Pendean, sorry that I couldnt reply. I had to much work to do to focus on this issue, I gave the UCSFOLLOW another try today, and got it to work. thank you for the advice! As long as I leave the Viewport active, it zooms to anything that I have drawn in Model space.

Message 9 of 10
alsmith

the acaddoc file can achieve the result you are looking for.

1. copy the information below into a text file and name the file: acaddoc.lsp.

2. move the file to your desired location.

3. go to OPTION; "Files" (TAB) then select "Support File Search Path"

4. select Browse to the right of the Options window and navigate to the location the accaddoc is stored.

each time you open a drawing the drawing will zoom extent

(command "tilemode" "0")
(command "_pspace")
(command "zoom" "E")

Message 10 of 10
binuntachari

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost