Did you mean: 

Layout Ribbon Tab missing from cui and ribbon

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ala1987
10223 Views, 5 Replies

Layout Ribbon Tab missing from cui and ribbon

I need to create a section of a 3d model. Unfortuntaly the layout tab I need is missing. Normally if somthing is missing I type 'CUI' and then click Ribbon>Tabs> select the one I want and drag it to 'Workspaces Contents' - 'Ribbon Tabs'

The ribbon tab for layout is missing from the cui. See attached images.

How can I get the Layout Ribbon Tab back quickly?

(tutorial I am trying to follow)->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6CL0S4FOnE

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: ala1987

You appear to be using AutoCAD Architecture, which is a more specialized version of AutoCAD.  I believe you should have a icon on your desktop, or a Startup item in your Start Menu for AutoCAD 2013,

Message 3 of 6
pendean

OPTIONS command's PROFILES tab, switch to the AutoCAD profile if you want the AutoCAD tools.
Remember to switch back when you need the ARCH tools.

Knowing which program you are using and being shown in the tutorials is a challenge but it's not hard to observe. Be aware and always read with comprehension: look at your program titlebar and look at the toturial's titlebar, they are different. Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 6
ala1987
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for all the quick responses, I am download autocad standard right now. Fortunatly I have found a section tool that works for my simple needs in the Solids ribbon tab in autocad architecture.

Message 5 of 6
dschuber

I have the same exact question. I'm using Autocad Civil 3d 2014 and also following the tutorial. I also followed the AutoCAD tips for 2013 "Adding the Layout Tab to the ribbon".  can't locate it on the CUI. 

Message 6 of 6
ala1987

I have not used Autocad Civil.. but my problem was caused by watching a tutorial for autocad when I was using autocad Architecture(i.e two different programs). Maybe this might apply to you too? Hope this helps, easily done when your sleep deprived..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost