Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Properties Manager "freezes" and is unresponsive

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Eisenlords
839 Views, 3 Replies

Layer Properties Manager "freezes" and is unresponsive

I usually work with my LPM hidden on the Left side of my screen and hover over the window when i need to edit a layer or switch filters. every now and then when I'm working on a drawing the LPM will "freeze". At first it seems responsive, and i can click and interact with layers, however any changes i make do not appear on the drawing itself. then i try to change layer filters, for example from one XREF to another and the LPM appears to change filters but the list of layers does not update. The layer manager will stay in this broken sort of frozen state until I close the window and reopen it - then it works just fine. I can usually tell it is "frozen" when i have edited a drawing and brought in a new XREF and then go to change the layer filter and the XREF isn't even listed in the LPM because it is frozen and will not update. the refresh command in the upper right corner does not work either.

This problem seems to be random and doesn't consistently happen. I notice it occur when switching between drawings when i have multiple files open. i have to close and reopen the layer manager and then i can edit layers for a while. Sometimes the problem gets so bad that no matter how many times i close and reopen the manager it will not respond and then I need to restart my computer. 

Windows 7. AutoCAD Civil 3d 2013. I use two monitors.

I'm looking for a more permanent fix to this problem because it can really hamper my drafting efficiency when acting up. I will attach a screen shot of what it looks like when it happens again. of course when i go to make this post it is working perfectly fine. XD 

thank you

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Eisenlords

"..This problem seems to be random and doesn't consistently happen..."
Sadly, there is no permanent fix for a random occurance. Ask your fellow C3D users in that forum and see if anyone has a tip to break the issue while it is occuring. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/bd-p/66
Message 3 of 4
Eisenlords
in reply to: pendean

ok thanks, I'm new to these message boards, I'll copy this thread over onto that forum as well.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Eisenlords

No worries, I'm sure you'll get help here too from others.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost