Did you mean: 

Layer Manager Dialog Box Issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BruceAdams
679 Views, 6 Replies

Layer Manager Dialog Box Issue

Anyone ever seen this issue?  See attachment.

This just started happening on my dual monitor setup.  When I drag the dialog box to my main monitor it has the same issue.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: BruceAdams

What just changed on your PC? Widnows System Restore can probably remove it and put things back.
Message 3 of 7
BruceAdams
in reply to: pendean

Nothing has changed on my PC. Not going to do a system restore when I know it isn't needed.  I just noticed this yesterday.  If I close the ACAD program and restart, all is good. Then all of a sudden if I hover over the buttons, they disapear.  It's not a windows issue IMO.  

I love it how almost everything that goes wrong with ADSK products like this....it is normally blamed on a windows issue by ADSK.Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 7
ukdxb012

Have you tried reverting back to the old style view? LAYERDLGMODE

Try it and see if the issues disappears. You could also try turning off Hardware acceleration in AutoCAD.

Some other suggestions would be to make sure you are up to date so apply the latest service packs and to download a certified driver for your graphics card... http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 7
BruceAdams
in reply to: ukdxb012

You may be on to something there.  I think we got it fixed. Hopfully this never returns.  🙂

When I swiched the old "layerdlgmode" back to "0" it looked like the attachment "Capturelayer DialogDLG0.JPG" 

Then I swiched it back to the new "layerdlgmode" setting "1" and it really jacked it up again and looked like the attachment "Capturelayer Dialog.JPG" Really strange. Aye?

I migrated this drawing from an old LDD. which had a boat load of filters and layerstates in it.  

So I then switched back to the old "layerdlgmode" setting "0" and deleted all the filters and layer states. 

Then I swithced to the new "layerdlgmode" setting "1" and the filters showed up again but not the layerstates.  I deleted the filters again there.

Saved and closed the C3D drawing and shut down and restarted C3D.

Opened up the same drawing and viola...all is good.  See "Capturelayer DialogDLGfixed.JPG"

I'll udate this thread if the problem returns.

Thanks for the lead Duncan.

Bruce

Message 6 of 7
nrz13

That has happened to me with plain AutoCAD before and the solution was just to restart AutoCAD.  It's a very rare occurrence for me.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 7 of 7
BruceAdams
in reply to: nrz13

That would work as a temporary fix for me, but the problem always returned. It seems to be fixed now. But I still have my doubts. We'll see.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost