Did you mean: 

Layer filters properties dialog box does not show

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
DavidLofberg5147
1651 Views, 10 Replies

Layer filters properties dialog box does not show

I cannot use layer filters as the layer filters property dialog does not load.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 Forums.

Can I confirm a few things first with you as to what system you're using and where the trouble is occurring?

First, can you please confirm which A360 Product you're using? A360, A360 Tech Preview or A360 Team (released this week) where you're seeing this issue?

Second, is this problem occurring on your desktop, or mobile (or both)

Third, are you seeing the same situation on all files that you're uploading into the system or just one specific file? If just one file would you be able to share it with me so that i can try to replicate on my end as well? send to my email at first.last@autodesk.com

Fourth, what product i.e. AutoCAD or other are your files coming from?

Lastly if you could please share a screenshot so that I could see the issue you're referring to, that would be great help as well.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
A360 Customer Success

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the reply,
Firstly, I don't know if this was posted to the correct forum ? I'm using Autocad 2015, what is A360?

Regards

[LandTeam]

www.landteam.com.au

David Lofberg | B Surv UNSW | Registered Surveyor MIS NSW | MSSSI

LandTeam Technical Director

5/97 Shellharbour Rd, Warilla 2528 | PO Box 353 Warilla 2528

Ph: (02) 4296 7055 | Fax: (02) 4297 1163 | Email: davidl@landteam.com.au

LandTeam Australia Pty Limited

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

LandTeam cares for our environment. Please do not print this email unnecessarily

Information contained in this message and attachment(s) is intended for the exclusive use of the intended addressee(s). If you receive this email in error, you are not authorised to read, reproduce, use, disclose or disseminate this information. While any attachments have been checked for viruses, you should rely on your own virus checking programmes.
Message 4 of 11

Hi David,

Thanks for the update. I'm going to move your message to the AutoCAD 2015 forum where the AutoCAD members can jump in and help you out.

Thanks for the clarification.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: DavidLofberg5147

@DavidLofberg5147 wrote:

I cannot use layer filters as the layer filters property dialog does not load.

David,

Can you provide more details as to the steps your taking to try to load the Filters Property Dialog?

In my 2015 Civil 3d install (and in some cases 2013 and 2014) versions, the "New Property Filter" icon (which loads the Layer Filters Property dialog)

is absent from within the Layer Manager dialog.

I was able to make the New Property Filter icon (and 2 or 3 others) adjacent to it, appear by grabbing the separator immediately left of the "Status" column within layer manager. Drag the separator between Status and Filters and drag it to the right and if you are having this same issue your missing icon/icons should appear.

Or is your issue that you simply cannot get the Layer Filters Property dialog to appear whether using the right click options from the Layer Filters section of Layer Manager?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 11
DavidLofberg5147
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks, I can see the Filters tree in the layer manager, but when I right click the tree and choose the context menu item 'New properties Filter' nothing happens. The dialog does not appear and autocad locks as if the invisible dialog has control and it is waiting for the dialog to close. Hitting enter transfers the control back to Autocad 2015. This happens in both Civil 3d and  when running as AutoCad. I have made sure the dialog is not appearing under (behind) the autocad window or under the layer manager window.

Message 7 of 11

try this system variable

Command: FILEDIA should be by default <1> on  <0> = off

Message 8 of 11

if the system variable did not fix this

are you using dual monitors?

could it be off the display screen?

try this post reply copy and paste into your browser address bar

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/layer-filters-properties-dialog-box-does-not-s...

Message 9 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: DavidLofberg5147

What your describing sounds like the dialog is being opened off screen someplace where it can't be seen.

Here's one method of bringing back missing dialog's.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 10 of 11

Thanks, Filedia sometimes randomly sets itself to 0 after a crash, but it is 1.

Message 11 of 11

Nice one. Its back, Thanks all!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost