AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Distinguished Contributor
petrocat
Message 1 of 5 (363 Views)

Layer filter not filtering and other glitches 2013

363 Views, 4 Replies
01-16-2013 08:38 AM

I'm having issues with Civ3d 2013. I pushed off upgrading because of the format change and the service pack release. I was hoping little glitches would be fixed.

Here are the  a couple of glitches to date that I saw no resolution to in the long list of threads.

1. Layer filters do not filter, unless I have checked "Apply filter to toolbar". The problem is, I dont want to apply them to the toolbar.

2. Publishing to PDF - when set to lines merge (set in the page layout and the publish setting), the wipeouts dont work, and the background masks on leaders makes a faint border around the text in the PDF. When set to overwrite, to get the wipeouts to not print to the PDF as a big black blob, they have to be on a layer set to color 255. I can work around most of the wipeouts, except for dimensions because the background mask doesn't seem to take.

another complaint that doesn't have anything to do with AutoCAD, but since I'm venting... we just got a KIP 7100 printer/scanner. WORST printer/scanner we've ever had. Period. Getting the right driver, then getting the driver to produce good drawings to the correct paper size was ridiculous, and the gray shades still look like we're using a big dot matrix printer. Scanning is the most painful thing; compared to the Xerox 6204 we gave up, the quality is poor and PDF file sizes are huge.

If you know an answer to the top two issues, I'd appreciate insight. 

Mark

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (305 Views)

Re: Layer filter not filtering and other glitches 2013

01-17-2013 05:32 PM in reply to: petrocat

what version did you upgrade from? what else is new, PC and OS?

Linemerge and wipeouts have always done that, unless you buy a pdf driver like Bluebeam I believe.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Distinguished Contributor
petrocat
Message 3 of 5 (296 Views)

01-18-2013 06:19 AM in reply to: pendean

We actuall upgraded from Civil 3D 2012, and were not experiencing this with that setup. The only other new thing in the office is the KIP printer.

I will post this in the Civil 3D forum as well.

Thanks.

Product Support
SethHall
Message 4 of 5 (293 Views)

01-18-2013 06:23 AM in reply to: petrocat

Hi Mark-

I moved your original post to the AutoCAD forum to stimulate some responses as I have not seen the behaviour you are reporting both personally or in my research. Are you running a custom CUI or ARG profile? Maybe try a stock setup and see if that helps.

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 5 (285 Views)

01-18-2013 06:33 AM in reply to: petrocat

Plain 2013, not Civil, see attached: linemerge is a bust.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.