Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large file size

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MadhuDas
325 Views, 7 Replies

Large file size

I am using AutoCAD 2014. I have several drawings having large file size but very less drawing objects (may be due to hidden proxy objects).

In AutoCAD-2010 I have successfully reduced the file size simply by copying the content and pasting to a new file. The same thing is not working in AutoCAD-2014. When I copy even a single line and paste to a new file, the file size comes to around 4MB. I think the new versions of  AutoCAD copies the hidden proxy also along with drawing entities. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: MadhuDas

hi, I've tried your drawing and reduced the size. Just dxfout and dxfin again. command>Purge>audit>scalelistedit. hope it helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
nestly2

Try using WBLOCK instead of copy/paste.  Reduced file from 4.4MB  to 72KB

Export objects to drawing file with WBLOCK command  (method #2 or method #3)

Message 4 of 8
braudpat

Hello

My version : 49 Kb

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

Have you try to open and save from autocad 2014 and see what is the difference in file size?

Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 8
braudpat
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hello

I have purged from ACAD 2015 (It's better) because of the New option to erase DGN Unused LineTypes !

So I haven't to use the specific Tool for 2013/2014 :

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

And then I have cleanup the DWG with multiple specific tools ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: braudpat

hi Pat.

Okey see what you mean, thanks and regards

Message 8 of 8
shavezkhan

simply use exportautocad command & see

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost