Did you mean: 

laptop help

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1858 Views, 3 Replies

laptop help

I'm going to buy a laptop and need help in finding 1 that is great for autocad use. Is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 a good 1 for it? Please advise.
Appreciate it .
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Define your "autocad use" for us: just as many folks draw lines in small files all day long while others that render and create complex 3D models and have huge files. There is no magic hardware spec for both use needs.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I work at a company that deals with electrical and communication design and
we get a lot of cad drawings. I want to be able to use autocad without
getting crashes and slow speed. I wonder if that Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is
good enough for me to do modifications / print and all that instead of
getting Dell Precision laptop.
Could you please give me some advise? Also, we only deal with 2D drawings.
Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Sadly, you can't truly control crashes or slow speeds with only buying a new laptop, even less so with a consumer laptop like the Dell you list (seems dicontinued by Dell, so you might get a better price at outlet stores).

If you just want to buy a new laptop to run AutoCAD better, regardless of make/model, ensure it has 16Gig RAM, SSD harddrive in the 256Gig size/range if you can afford it (not a slow 5400rpm drive), Intel i5 or i7 processor clocked at the 3Ghz or faster speed (not a 1.8Ghz with an ocasional turbo-boost to 3Ghz), and you do NOT use wireless to connect to a server to open AutoCAD files through.

Your chosen laptop is "ok": I don't know what you use now but new is sometimes just good enough.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost