Did you mean: 

Label Polyline Elevation no LSP

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Postmaster_G
3153 Views, 6 Replies

Label Polyline Elevation no LSP

Hello!

I have searched this forum and the net, but I am not coming up with anything useful.

I would like to know if there is a way to label polyline elevation without using a lsp routine.

Thank You

-Meow
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: Postmaster_G

1. Manually ID the elevation and place a TEXT object at that location.

2. Use a FIELD that is referencing the polyline, grab the elevation property.

Are you wanting to avoid lisp because you're using LT?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
Kent1Cooper

@Postmaster_G wrote:

I would like to know if there is a way to label polyline elevation without using a lsp routine.

Are you asking because you use AutoCAD LT, and so can't use AutoLISP routines, such as what's here?  If that's the reason, you may not have any option but to either do it manually [Text, Mtext, Blocks with Attributes, ...] or upgrade to more sophisticated software.  I assume you are looking for something that will determine the elevation of each one and put it into some kind of textual object for you, as the routine in that link will.  The Civil overlay programs no doubt have something like that built in.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 7
Postmaster_G
in reply to: rkmcswain

Using number 2 on your list, I can get it to label the elevation, but having to do this each time is going to take forever.

I use civil 3d so not an issue for me. Someone I work with wanted to know because they use vanilla cad and I didn't want to have to get into scripts with them.

I just thought there was an easier way to do this. If not, he can learn....

-Meow
Message 5 of 7

You can also just drop the following dynamic block onto a polyline - it will make a space in it and label its elevation:

http://www.cadforum.cz/catalog_en/?q=contourautolabel

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz   www.cadforum.cz

Message 6 of 7

Thanks, I will give the block a try once I sign up on that forum haha

-Meow
Message 7 of 7
murray-clack

To expand on the FIELD option....

1. Draw a circle and place it on a "no-plot" layer

2. Create a piece of MText with a background mask, middle-center justified, and snapped to the center of the circle

3. Edit the MText object by inserting a FIELD (Ctrl-F) and select the "Object" option, select the circle, select it's Center property, and only check the Z value check box, and set the precision

4. Once the MText is "talking to" the circle, simply use the COPY command and select BOTH objects and snap to the polylines as desired.

5. REGEN will show you the elevations of the polylines

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost