Did you mean: 

Known Issue "3D objects offset from object grips after you reopen the file"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gtechlabs
1833 Views, 6 Replies

Known Issue "3D objects offset from object grips after you reopen the file"

Issue:

When you reopen a saved file in your AutoCAD-based product, some 3D objects seem to have shifted away from their object grips.

Solution:

Double-click one of the object grips to restore the object to its proper location.

This is propestrous AUTODESK!

This has been a known issue for over 5 years from what my research can yeild. Here are a few on this support forum alone.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/3D-Objects-have-been-moved-when-re-opening-the-...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture-General/Grips-not-with-object/td-p/3842701

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/Floating-Moving-Parts/m-p/4296789/highlight/tru...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/3D-Solid-display-problem/td-p/4300829

The solution to this problem is fixing the glitch in your programming that allows this issue to happen. It is on a fundamental basis as it happens throughout AutoCAD 13,14 MEP 13,14 of which our company owns close to 40 seats of these versions. 

"AutoCAD is a software application for 2D and 3D computer-aided design and drafting."

How is it that you can continue to take money from individuals and companies at an exuberant rate and keep sweeping a fundamental fault under the rug?

At what point does this actually become theft? Your entire conglomeration is built off of the ability to create precision models in a digital space. Yet somehow, somewhere along the way this just took a backseat to profit. Not to mention the lack of all customer support. Nowhere in all of your "support" forums is there a single flagged solution for this issue. The above solution you posted for this known issue as of 4-1-14 is time consuming and does not always work. I could be wrong but i am fairly confident that does not fall under the definition of solution.

I am going to sell you a car. I know one of the wheels will always fall off no matter how tight the lugs are. Its okay though, you have a jack and a spare in your trunk. Just make sure you replace the spare before it falls off again…

Anyone else see a problem with that? How long would I be able to sell cars like that?

Autodesk, if you cannot do it that’s fine. Just stop charging full price for an incomplete program. However I refuse that you lack the cumulative knowledge needed to fix this fundamental flaw…

Please restore my faith in your product!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: gtechlabs

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

I have seen this issue and I completly agree that it's a serious problem with 3D objects that "should" have been fixed by now.

This forum is primarily for peer support, so while your post is valid here, I hope you also contact Autodesk Support directly, if you haven't done so already.

Message 3 of 7
gtechlabs
in reply to: nestly2

nestly,

You have come up with work arounds for this issue. I had found a few of them before reading your posts. Thank you for helping the others out in the meatime. This would not normally be a huge issue as the "double click" had saved me a few time. This problem seems to be getting worse across the board. I have 5 different people right now sending me "as-built" drawings modeled from point clouds. We isolated out apps and add-ons and tried modeling them in as many different ways as we could. same issue and i see it more than 50% of the time. I am now having to spend lots of time  doing QA-QC proofs on almost every set. Remodeling when this work around fails is time consuming. 

Could you please direct me to Autodesk Support? I got entirely too frusterated with the cylical menus ultimately to end up getting a message stating "there are no support options available" 

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 7
nestly2

The "best" support options are available if your AutoCAD is on Subscription.

If not on Subscription, then IMO your next best option is to get in contact with your Reseller.  They may "try" to fix the problem, but when they realize the problem is within the base code, hopefully they'll submit it to Autodesk for support.  You've read the other threads, so you know Autodesk is aware of the issue, the best any of us can hope for is to hit them over the head with it often enough for them to move it up on the priority list.

If you are on Subscription, at the very bottom of this page, there is a link to "Subscription" in the grey area.  Follow that to log into your Subscription account and you should find everything you need to submit a Support request.

Message 5 of 7
gtechlabs
in reply to: nestly2

nestly,

Thank you for the advice. We currently have both means of contact being established. Via Reseller and a few subscriptions throughout our company. We will be knocking on every door available. 

I would encourage anyone else that happens across this posting or the previous ones to take the same route. We need to hit Autodesk as hard as they hit our wallets with this issue. 

If you are on an educational license with no voice please follow this thread as i will be posting any progress made towards a resolution to this issue.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
UniplanIT1960

Hi gtechlabs,

we are having the same annoying bug in many of our drawings.

Did you get anything on this from the autodesk support?

Kind regards,

Peter

Message 7 of 7
gtechlabs
in reply to: UniplanIT1960

absolutely no resolution what so ever. its unfortunate that even with the
few hundred licenses our company has we still get nothing back from
autodesk.

The only work around i have been able to get working is a mixture of copy
and pasting into a new .dwg as well as selecting all to see the ghosted
geometry and double click a grip. the issue seems to come from translations
of entities from one coordinate to another.

i wish i had more information to share but it is ridiculous how they have
swept this under the rug for so long...

--
Best Regards,
Garrett Gordon

G Tech Labs, LLC
(360) 624-4112

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost