Did you mean: 

keyboard and mouse not working in AutoCAD drawing environment

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
brad
4860 Views, 9 Replies

keyboard and mouse not working in AutoCAD drawing environment

I came in this morning and my keyboard in not working in AutoCAD.  It works for every other program but, AutoCAD.  Very strange.  I can't click in the drawing environment either.  I can click on a command but as soon as I click in the drawing environment there's nothing.  Can't type on the command line.  Need help fast.  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: brad

Restart Windows, and in the meantime ask your IT what updates or changes got installed on your PC. These can be removed with a Windows System Restore.
Message 3 of 10
brad
in reply to: pendean

Tried that. It's a no go.  I have never seen anything like this in 12yrs working with AutoCAD.  If you click on a command button it runs the command but you can't do anything on the canvas.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, different user profiles and getting the same thing.  You can click on the settings buttons on the bottom of the screen, ie snap settings but no window pops up.  Can't type anything in the command line.  WEIRD!!!

Message 4 of 10
pendean

You'll probably need to get more specific for remote assistance: mouse, driver, button settings etc.
Message 5 of 10
brad
in reply to: pendean

Boxx Capture.PNG

windows 7

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014

mouse - logic G700s

keyboard - microsoft wired keyboard 400

Nvida K2000

service packs all up to date

Does this help?

Message 6 of 10
jggerth1

can you turn on dynamic input?  if so, type SNAP and see what the value is.  

Message 7 of 10
brad
in reply to: jggerth1

figured it out. Smiley Very Happy it was my 3d mouse.  unplugged it and everything works fine.  thanks for the suggestions.

Message 8 of 10
beckett

I've been fighting this same issue this afternoon and am SO glad I found this post. Unplugged my 3D mouse and everything is working again. What the Heck?
Message 9 of 10
mym130230

Were you able to plug the mouse back in after
Message 10 of 10
brad
in reply to: mym130230

yes.  I don't remember specific steps that I took to get everything working again.  It all works now though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost