Did you mean: 

Issues export to dgn in Autocad 2012 and later

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
girdazz
297 Views, 3 Replies

Issues export to dgn in Autocad 2012 and later

Hi,

I'm finding similar conclusion to the post below. Practically, exporting to dgn from any autocad version later than 2011 will cause errors in the final dgn

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/Exporting-DWG-to-DGN-issues/m-p/3932956

As an example, I've attached here a sample dwg and 2 exported dgn, 1 from Acad2011 and the other from Acad15. In the dwg, there's a block with 3 attributes assigned to it, namely: TTL_L1, TTL_L2 and TTL_L3; with values set as: Line1, Line2 and Line3, respectively.

if exported from Acad11, the block would be converted to dgn shape, and each attribute would be converted to a tag, keeping the same tagname and all three will belong to one tagset. The tagset's name is same as the acad block's name. The exported shape will work with the edit tag tool in microstation properly, i.e showing all 3 tags when edited. 

acad11.png

However, when exported from Acad15, the exported shape has 3 individual tags attached to it. All have the same tagset name, but each tag has the same tagname: TTL_L1. Using microstation's edit tag tool, the shape shows only 1 tag attached to it.

acad15.png

I've got the same results testing on Acad2013 and Acad2014. I haven't tried Acad2012 yet since we haven't got a copy handy. 

Besides this happens all the time, there's a host of other issues, which occurs regularly randomly, such as: some dimensions changed to standard style; text objects won't come through; some multiline texts in leader/mleader/table won't come through; text/mtext objects changed to standard style...

It would be greatly appreciated if these issues can be looked at and addressed promptly because the only way we can get our drawings issued properly to our clients is to finished them in Acad2013, which is the version chosen by my boss, save as Acad2010 format, open in Acad11 and export to dgn; which really is a pain.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: girdazz

We find it's best to have Microstation to handle the conversions from DWG to DGN for projects that require DGN deliverables. If you do a lot of work that require DGN formats, this may pay for itself quicker that you think.

BTW This is the wrong forum for product request. We are all end users just like you. The correct location for bug reporting or feature requests is here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 3 of 4
jggerth1
in reply to: girdazz

Dean's on the money.  If you _have_ to have a DGN deliverable, you'll need uStn, and someone who knows how to use it.  Adesk and Bentley are different, speaking different languages.  sorta like French & German -- a menu read aloud in French sounds like a love poem, whil a love poem read aloud in German sounds more like two rhinos fighting.  Smiley LOL

<<no, i don't speak either>>

Message 4 of 4
girdazz
in reply to: jggerth1

Thanks for the input, Dean and James, much appreciated it. I have forwarded my comments to our CAD people so that they can take it up with Autodesk people via the appropriate channel. Just that I sometimes saw Autodesk employees replied to forum posts and provides some insights to issues, hence my post here. 

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost