Did you mean: 

Issue with Mleaders

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DLG2010
481 Views, 5 Replies

Issue with Mleaders

We have an issue with Mleaders causing viewer issues. The only solution we have found to remedy this is to replace all the MLeaders in the drawing with QLeaders. Is there any easy way to convert these leaders other than manually selecting each one and replacing them with new QLeaders?

We do not have the option of using a different viewer.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: DLG2010

1. EXPLODE command.
2. What 'viewing issues" do you mean? Your snapshot simply looks like incorrectly scaled objects too big for a layout sheet and that is easily fixed. Post a DWG file if you want help with a real fix to the problem, not a workaround that you discovered.
Message 3 of 6
jggerth1

what application, and from whome, are you using as a viewer?

Message 4 of 6
DLG2010

I'm sorry but I cannot attach the file itself. We would rather not use the EXPLODE command. I was simply looking for an easier way to convert the Mleaders as they have been targeted as the issue.

The snapshot is how the file currently views within our drawing management software. When it is viewed within AutoCAD it looks perfectly normal.

Message 5 of 6
jggerth1

Ok, it looks like the problem is with your document management software -- is that vendor aware of the problem with their viewing component not being able to correctly display a very old dwg object type?  Are they working on it?   Mleaders have been around since what, 2007?

Two suggestions:  use the QLEADER command exclusivley, - redefine the Mleader to call the QLeader command so no-one uses MLeader inadvertently.

Second would be to ask in the Lisp forum for a routine that will after-the-fact convert an Mleader entity to rwo separate entities, a LEADER and an MTEXT entity.

neither is a great solution, but it's hard on the ACAD side to fix problems with a different vendor's software.

Message 6 of 6
DLG2010
in reply to: jggerth1

Thank you I will check over in the Lisp forum. Yes the vendor is aware. Just one of those issues with no easy fix. I have been trying to come up with a routine but cannot find the command to covert the Mleader which goes back to my original question. I will post over in the Lisp forum.
Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost