Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with entering length/dimensions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cmvolsky
344 Views, 4 Replies

Issue with entering length/dimensions

Hello, I've been using AutoCAD for about three years now and I have never had this happen. I am in Architectural units, I saved one project, and went to start a new one. Same settings. All of a sudden, when I gave the command "rectangle" I could not enter my "10" x 10" dimensions. I also cannot do this for any other command, including line and circle. Is there an easy fix? 

Thank you.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: cmvolsky

Welcome to the Autodesk forums

If you're using Architectural units, you should be able to specify a 10" x 10" rectangle as either 10",10" or just 10,10 after specifying the first corner point. .  Are you having trouble specifying the size using both formats, or just when you enter the inch symbols (")

Can you describe exactly where the problem occurs.. ie are you getting an error message, or is the Dynamic Input box turning red, indicating invalid input, or something else?

Can you attach a sample drawing that's exhibiting the unexpected behavior.

Message 3 of 5
cmvolsky
in reply to: nestly2

I am having issues entering them in any format. I double-checked, I am in Dimension Mode as well when trying to use the Rectangle command.

Message 4 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: cmvolsky

Can you post your command line history

Is Dynamic Input ON or OFF?

Command: RECTANG

Specify first corner point or [Chamfer/Elevation/Fillet/Thickness/Width]:
Specify other corner point or [Area/Dimensions/Rotation]: @10,10

Message 5 of 5
cmvolsky
in reply to: nestly2

I went to take a screen shot of my command history, but checked my dynamic input to see if it was on or off. It was on, however I turned everything off, and then back on again, and now all seems to be working as it should! Thank you so much for your help! I feel silly. I should have thought of trying that before....but I have just never had an issue with it before either. Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost