Is it possible to explode a hatch into separate haches

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Peac3
8982 Views, 7 Replies

Is it possible to explode a hatch into separate haches

Hello i have a quick question.

I have this exterior wall hatch that was created into 1 single hatch. Now i need to remove half of it to do an update.. I just can't explode it to get separate hatches sections.

How can i transform this entity into multiple entities?

See DWG.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
GrantsPirate
in reply to: Peac3

First use the recreate boundary option in hatchedit, then use the separate option in hatchedit.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 8
Peac3
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Think i am going to cry

(((:

thanks Grants.

Message 4 of 8
Cbitts
in reply to: Peac3

You could also try clicking the button 'create seperate hatches' in hatch edit

Message 5 of 8
doni49
in reply to: Cbitts

@Cbitts wrote:

You could also try clicking the button 'create seperate hatches' in hatch edit

Cbitts,

There's something about skipping the step of recreating the boundary that produces funky results when you do that.  I understand what it's doing enough to avoid it myself but to try and describe it here?  I don't know about that -- much easier to let you try it for yourself.

Try opening the file the OP posted and do as you suggested.  Then re-open it and do as GP suggested.  See the difference?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 8
Cbitts
in reply to: doni49

I'm not sure what you mean, I thought that he is trying to separate them?

Message 7 of 8
Cbitts

Another way is to make a polyline around the area that you would like to remove, press trim, select the polyline, and then click on the hatch in the area you would like removed.

Message 8 of 8
doni49

Yes. He's trying to separate them. Try opening his file and do as you suggested. Not good results.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost