Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Bottle-necking a problem with AutoCAD DS or Autodesk PDS suite?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SimJunkie
365 Views, 2 Replies

Is Bottle-necking a problem with AutoCAD DS or Autodesk PDS suite?

Is Bottle-necking a problem with 'AutoCAD Design Suite' or 'Autodesk Product Design Suite'?

I have spent a lot of time talking with another 3D generative modeling software company, and unfortunately there software currently has a bottle neck in its design that makes it impossible increase performance buy adding a more powerful graphics card. there software works optimally with cheaper $100.00 graphics card, which means it won't perform for people who use more detail in there designs.

I am looking for crude performance threshhold of about 6-8GB on the viewports pipeline (thats not an exact number of course, but I need to know if that the software is capable of handling that kind of beefy file size). that would have been impossible with the software company I was previously speaking to, but I have heard this is possible with Autodesk products.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SimJunkie
in reply to: SimJunkie

Also I need to add that I know there are hardware certifications, but they are not necessarily reliable on 'bang for buck' relationship. Just because a card passed certifications does not mean it's a good card for the user.

Many people have paid top dollar for fancy graphics cards that don't do anything for their software performatively.
Message 3 of 3
justshutup
in reply to: SimJunkie

You'll probably find better answers asking specific questions about specific products in their respective forums.  As it stands, you are inquiring about (up to) 13 different products.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost