Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AutoCAD2014 can create surfaces by milti points location?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
noli1057
252 Views, 5 Replies

Is AutoCAD2014 can create surfaces by milti points location?

Is this possible in plain AutoCAD? Coz one of our PM requiring me to generate surface area of existing grade with provided point of elevation/location. And then extruded down with a level elevation to get an accurate estimated volume. Thanks for any response.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth1
in reply to: noli1057

lots of work involved in doing it with vanilla.  thats' where a real civil package comes in,  Civil3d  for one option.  Carlson for a less expensive choice that _may_ be easier to get going with. 

Message 3 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: jggerth1

And along with the advanced tools comes more complexity.  Unlike AutoCAD, trying to "jump right in" with Civil3D will lead to hair loss, forehead-to-monitor/keyboard contact, and various and sundry other conditions.

If a high level of accuracy isn't needed and there aren't a lot of points it can be done with a few steps in AutoCAD:

- break overall area into logical flat areas

- outline with POLYLINEs and extrude to depth

- get volume with MASSPROP or other methods

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 6
noli1057
in reply to: jggerth1

Thanks! I tried the LOFT command approximately connecting point with line to generate surface but its not looks good. I will ask the PM's for a Civl 3d CAD base. Thanks a lot.

Message 5 of 6
vladimir_michl

You can also try the freeware utility "DTM" to create a basic terrain surface from 3D points. See http://www.cadstudio.cz/dtm

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 6 of 6
braudpat

Hello from France

When I have many XYZ AutoCAD Points and I want to create a DTM, I used (since a long time ago) the "nice good old" Triangulate.vlx routine from Elpanov - THKS to Elpanov !

I have attached it to my msg ... This routine can run (on any ACAD/AA/MEP/MAP/CIVIL/etc x86 or x64) until a maximum of about 800 000 XYZ points !

I hope this routine can help you !?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost