Did you mean: 

Invalid Block Insertion

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
r.webs
1487 Views, 2 Replies

Invalid Block Insertion

I created some dynamic blocks with AutoCAD 2014 using the Save Block As in the block editor. I saved them down to 2010, because several of the users are still using AutoCAD's are early as 2012.

The blocks insert without any problems for users with AutoCAD 2014. AutoCAD 2012 users gets an *Invalid* error due to an incompatible version of AutoCAD. Two users using AutoCAD Electrical 2013, one user can insert the block while the other user can not, getting the same error.

I dont believe I used anything the older AutoCADs do not have to create the incompatibilty. Just simple Visibility, Polar and Rotate with Lines, Arcs and Text.

The block name does not exist anywhere else on the drawing it is being inserted into. I haven tested by inserting it into a new drawing.

Is there anything I may have overlooked?

Thanks

-r

Attached is an example of one of the simple dynamic blocks I created.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: r.webs

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

I have purged/cleaned your DWG (maybe too much) with ACAD 2014 and I save it in DWG2007 format !

With ACAD MAP 2012, no problem but you say that it works on some 2012 versions ...

So please try my version, maybe it is the right one !?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
r.webs
in reply to: braudpat

Thank you very much. I went back and saved them down to 2007 and that seems to be working for the 2013 Electricals, the 2012 guy is not in yet to test, but that is less important as that licence will be replaced soon. I dont understand why 2010 did not work.

Again thank you,

-r

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost