Did you mean: 

Internal Error 7150 / AutoCAD MAP 3d 2014

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
434 Views, 10 Replies

Internal Error 7150 / AutoCAD MAP 3d 2014

Hi,

When I switch between paperspace layouts in AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 the following error message is displayed:

INTERNAL ERROR: !AcQueryEntity.cpp@7150: eWasOpenforWrite

AutoCAD shuts down and I am forced to restart the program.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Dustin

10 REPLIES 10
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

It is still happening, those solutions do not work
Message 4 of 11
JOKirk
in reply to: Anonymous

Same issue in my environment on multiple machines, multiple drawings.

Audit and RecoverAll find no errors, so they make no difference.

I have removed the LNK files for plotters to no avail.

I have set WHIPTHREAD to 3, LAYOUTREGENCTL to 2, SELECTIONPREVIEW to 2, SELECTIONCYCLING to 0. OSOPTIONS has to be 0-3, so 6 is not a valid value.

I always disable hardware acceleration when a machine has trouble.

UAC is off. Problem exists regardless of icon being set to run as administrator, or permissions of Windows user account (I'm in Domain Admins and it does it for me, my users are a mix of administrators and not administrators).

As I've tried things, I've regularly emptied out the temp folder and rebooted. No impact.

Turned off Windows Aero, no impact. Totally convinced it's not a graphics issue. The error message is about file access, though it doesn't say what file.

Machines are Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, x64, Civil 3D 2014 SP2.

The drawing file is originally on our network drive for this office, and I copied it to C:\Temp without any improvement in reliability.

Crashes every time we change between views.

Message 5 of 11
JOKirk
in reply to: JOKirk

Correction on poor wording.

The first time we change the view, it seems to stay stable.

The second time we change the view, it immediately crashes.

Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Do you get the exact same message? Because the original message looks like there are some ade-query functions active? Is that the same case in your work?

>> The drawing file is originally on our network drive

Does that mean this issue appears only with one file?

If so run command _WBLOCK with option "Entire Drawing" and use that new file as your working file.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 11
JOKirk
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Sorry, I haven't been very clear.

I'm in Civil 3D 2014, not MAP, but the error message is the same. I expect the solution will be the same for both.

This has happened with various drawing files on various machines, but does not always happen with any specific drawing file, nor does it always happen on any specific machine. I was just trying to illustrate the contrast between network access and local machine access (gigabit ethernet to a RAID5 of SAS drives on our main file server, vs an internal Intel SSD).

In the case I'm using right now to work on the issue, I've found the best consistency so far: The file in question does always crash on the one specific machine. I've used a different Windows profile than the normal user's. I've used different AutoCAD profiles, including new and the default Imperial. All to no avail on that machine. It was also crashing on other machines, when I began working on the file. As of now, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 on my machine (8.1, x64) can reliably load and display the file. The user I'm basing most of my information off of is still unable to change views without crashing.

All machines update off of my WSUS server.

Apologies on the confusion.

Exact error message:

AutoCAD Error Aborting

INTERNAL ERROR: !AcQueryEntity.cpp@7150: eWasOpenForWrite

Message 8 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

look to the Windows event viewer, do you see any exceptions, either when starting Civil 3D, or when loading that specific drawing?

If yes, let us know which exceptions you get.

Reason why I ask this is that one file (ACADMAP.ARX) has conflicts in Windows 8/8.1, I have not seen any special issues (besides of debug in Visual Studio, which does not work), but your message might be a result of that.

Do you have any Windows 7 workstations to compare the behavior.

By any chance, can you upload the drawing?

>> I'm in Civil 3D 2014,

Be careful with C3D and Map Queries because the C3D-objects can't be queried.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 11
JOKirk
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I don't see any events in the Event Viewer under Application or System.

The drawing is a client's property, technically, so I hesitate to provide it to an online forum. Your continued efforts are genuinely appreciated.

The system that is working -- let's call it M-JO, is Win 8.1 x64 Professional.

The system that is consistently crashing on this document, and periodically crashing on other documents, is M-JEFF. It's running Windows 7 x64 Professional.

Message 10 of 11
JOKirk

M-DOUG and M-CONNER also checked. Both 7 x64 Pro, M-DOUG crashes like M-JEFF and M-CONNER stable like M-JO.

I'm going to try manipulating the drawing file anyway, even though it's working on some machines.

Message 11 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The drawing is a client's property, technically, so I hesitate to provide it to an online forum

You can send me a PM with your e-mail adress, I'll respond then with a link where you can upload the drawing in a protected environment (if you like),

A cross check to all you tried might now be to change the workstation-user combinations. Give the one that is often crashing to a user that has no issues and vice versa.

I know that might be some work, but if the crash happens within a few minutes it might be worth to see if the issue is user/login or workstation depending. From that result we can think about the next steps.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost